WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year.....

Postby olympia0731 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:15 pm

Hey guy's I have been number crunching more than usual this year and there are a few Rb's who are way undervalued.

Let's assume standard redraft scoring...

1: Jamal lewis.

Jamal Lewis is wayyyyy undervalued due to his bad season last year. People don't seem to understand how hard it is to come back from jail and preform. I think Jamal has gotten over his jail expiernce. At the end of last year Jamal started to shake his jail expiernce;

Week 12: 113 yds 1td
Then he get's hurt.....

week 15: 105 yds 1td

Now he has great B2B games...

Week 16: 74yd's 0 td's

A bad week but he is still a little hurt

week 17: 84 yds 0td's

This is another decent game.

He didn't have a great last 4 games but he was solid. I expect him to improve on his late season preformance and bounce back to the old Jamal.

I think 1300/1400 yd's 8-12td's is what Jamal will put up. I think he will provide fabulous value in the 3rd and 4th.

2: Corey Dillion

People keep saying that Dillion was awfull last year. Let me correct this statment. Dillion was injury plaqued for the entire season and STILL scored 12 Td's. To me this is not an awfull year. When dillion was healthy last year he was great.
From weeks 13-16 I was lucky enough to own him in one league.

In these weeks he posted 292yds and 6 total td's.

Yes I think Dillion will not put up his usual yardage, but this guy has a nose for the endzone.

Stat projection: 1050yd's 15 td's I think these are reaonable projections. He will not be a great yardage back... but he scored 12 td's in his injury plaqued season. Three more is reasonable.

Thomas Jones: I know.... I know, but I think that Bears will not have a RBBC this year. Why would they with the way Thomas Jones plays. I think Benson will sit on the bench this year.

I think that Jones will be starting ALL Year and will post numbers similar too last year.

Projection: 1350/1450- 8-11 Td's.

All of this guy's all val;ue pick's in the third round and later IMO.

Enjoy guy's and feel free to rip these predictions

;-D
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:17 pm

Interesting points, although I respectfully disagree.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Yea, tough to say for jamal, and dillon is getting old and will be replaced soon...

Andra Davis...5th in the league in tackles and doesn't make the pro bowl over....Al Wilson???!!!!
...absurd
thatohiosportsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year.....

Postby boojumsnark25 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 pm

olympia0731 wrote: People don't seem to understand how hard it is to come back from jail and preform.

I would hope not...
Last edited by boojumsnark25 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BadgerBengal » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 pm

I dont agree with Jamaal Lewis because the Ravens now have Mike Anderson who may take away a lot of carries and TD'S. If the Ravens even score many TD'S.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby olympia0731 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:20 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Interesting points, although I respectfully disagree.

Thanks, I accept that ;-D
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:25 pm

I think Jamal is appropriately valued this year. In a redraft though, Dillon is definitely undervalued. I'd rather pick him later and let others jump on Duece and McGahee.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:31 pm

I agree about Dillon in redraft leagues. With less WRs in NE, he could have a big year, and should score a lot.

I will let you take Jamal in redraft leagues. McNair moving there could help him, but otherwise he is a headcase in a below average offense.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SniperShot » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:38 pm

Here's my Jamal story in my redraft money league.

2003. I get him with like the 20th pick in the draft, late second round. He is projected to go for around 1000 yards and 6 TD's. Well he ends up setting an NFL rushing record in week 2 with 295 rushing yards vs the Browns.

He goes on to have a 2000+ yard season and does awesome.

2004. People are taking him with the 6th and 7th picks in most redraft leagues (or something crazy) No way was I going to risk that. Players who are huge surprises almost never live up to their worth the next year in a redraft. So I avoid him and he goes on to have a pretty sucky year for being the 6th best RB: 1006 yards 7 TD's almost exactly half of what he had in 2003.

2004 offseason Jail time.

2005. Now that he has fallen back to the mid/late 2nd round I am ready to draft him once again. He has been working out in jail for months and guru's are saying he could explode. I draft him in the 2nd round and regret it all year.

2006. I will avoid him like the plage especially now that Mike Anderson is there. Mike Anderson will probably steal the few chances at TD anyway.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:50 pm

Jamal's value is just about right....should not be high or low...third tier at worst. Or whatever ranking you would give the primary runner in an rbbc should get.

New England is either going to be the hardnose running team or the pass happyteam. I think Dillon is MOST Certainly being under valued.

Dillon in the third round of a 12 teamer is lovely. Late second round is decent not great value.

Dillon still has a chip on his shoulder. He wants to prove something. That alone should drive him...not to mention his incentive bonuses.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk