WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:55 pm

personally, dillon is the last of those three that i would be willing to take a chance on. i think dillon is pretty well done. i'm not sure he can stay healthy anymore. i don't think he has the explosion that he had 2 years ago. and i don't think he can run as hard anymore either. he was one of my favorite players, but i have to think this will be his last season with any fantasy impact.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby UNDEFEATED » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:02 pm

Tjones...i always had faith in...i think we are going to see more of the same from TJ. Benson will get his looks.

They only way he gets full control. Is if he looks spectacular a la...Larry Johnson last season and like the season b4.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:04 pm

I dont buy the jail excuse for Jamal. He couldnt get over jail time ALL year? I just dont think thats it. Im not saying his horrid performance is all on him, his line and QB play sucked, and I think that is more what affected his play. Unfortunately neither of those things have really improved. I think Jamal will be better this year, because he is very talented and just cant repeat a performace like least year. Im not expecting a huge bounce back though.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dirty weasel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:20 pm

I like reading posts on who other people think are sleepers or undervalued.
As for Jamal, I totally agree. I do think he'll start slowly, but mostly because of his tough schedule. After his bye, I think he'll start to pour it on. Owners should have patience with him this year. Also, BAL didn't bring in Mike Anderson to be a RB. They already had a youngster that they let go. This shows me that they have faith in Jamal. Mike was brought in as a FB, and as insurance for Jamal.
Again, I agree...unless NE gets a RB in the draft they really like, or trade for an already proven RB. Corey Dillon has the 8th easiest schedule for RB's. With no young backs presently on the Pats roster (Kevin Faulk is 30, Patrick Pass is 28, and Heath Evans is 27), Corey is the man for 2006. It's not like they are grooming one of those guys to take over. They are all career backups.
I'm not quite sure about the TJ/Cedric situation. Whoever does get the carries has one of the easiest schedules in the entire league this year. But it'll be pretty hard for Chicago not to pass the torch to a guy they just spent $35 million on. TJ does have a $10M contract that ends in 2007. Here's a thought...since TJ is 28 yrs old now, why don't they trade him? He only has about 4 years of wear and tear on him, considering he only averaged 125 carries his first 4 yrs in the league. If they keep him thru the 2007 season, he will be 30. We all know his value will be diddly squat in a trade by then.

The best thing about these guys - if you are in the correct drafting order, you can grab your stud RB, your stud WR, and then get one of these guys in the 3rd. That's a huge plus. I'd be happy to take a chance on any of these guys in round 3.
dirty weasel
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:21 pm

terpfan wrote:I dont buy the jail excuse for Jamal. He couldnt get over jail time ALL year? I just dont think thats it. Im not saying his horrid performance is all on him, his line and QB play sucked, and I think that is more what affected his play. Unfortunately neither of those things have really improved. I think Jamal will be better this year, because he is very talented and just cant repeat a performace like least year. Im not expecting a huge bounce back though.

didn't he have ankle surgery before the season? i don't think he was comfortable running on his ankle that had just been repaired.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby olympia0731 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:26 pm

moonhead wrote:
terpfan wrote:I dont buy the jail excuse for Jamal. He couldnt get over jail time ALL year? I just dont think thats it. Im not saying his horrid performance is all on him, his line and QB play sucked, and I think that is more what affected his play. Unfortunately neither of those things have really improved. I think Jamal will be better this year, because he is very talented and just cant repeat a performace like least year. Im not expecting a huge bounce back though.

didn't he have ankle surgery before the season? i don't think he was comfortable running on his ankle that had just been repaired.

Nice... I missed that ;-D
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:31 pm

olympia0731 wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Maybe, but thats not usually the excuse you hear.

Either way, I think the problem is more the supporting cast than anything.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dirty weasel » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:33 pm

You also missed the fact that he basically said he wouldn't give it his all last year, for fear of injury. He wanted to make sure he stayed healthy, so he could get paid in 2006. And he did that that, to the tune of a 3-year, $26M contract that he just signed a month ago.
dirty weasel
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:53 pm

terpfan wrote:
olympia0731 wrote:
moonhead wrote:

Maybe, but thats not usually the excuse you hear.

Either way, I think the problem is more the supporting cast than anything.

I think it's all of the above. Remember...he did make the comment that he was afraid of getting hurt because he was in a contract year.

Jail time + ankle surgery + no passing game + tentative running / fantasy value = :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:04 pm

dirty weasel wrote:You also missed the fact that he basically said he wouldn't give it his all last year, for fear of injury. He wanted to make sure he stayed healthy, so he could get paid in 2006. And he did that that, to the tune of a 3-year, $26M contract that he just signed a month ago.

Which begs the question, what incentive does he have to give it his all now that he's got is big contract? Unless the contract is structured with some very nice incentives for rushing totals and such, you have to seriously consider how good a player can be who will decide for an entire rest of the season just not to give it his all. If Jamal isn't willing to drive through people, and pull away from defenders, and contents himself to go down at first contact, because he isn't giving it his all, that will show in fantasy points.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk