WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WAY undervalued Rb's thnis year.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:32 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
toofunny wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Love the Jamal Lewis call. Hopefully I can snag him as my RB#2 in a lot of leagues.

Jamal Lewis = Rudi Johnson with a 5th gear and quicker feet.

hahahahahahahaha

RB 2. hahahahahaha

Did you not watch football last year?

Ravens aren't so sure of a comeback, they went out and got MA. Lewis is broken. Period. People gambled on him last year, and he sucked. So lets gamble on him again! One of these years he'll pan out.

Forget that. Instead of wasting a 2nd round pick on Lewis, go draft Holt/Fitz/Smith.

You take Fitz, I'll take Lewis.

It's guys like you with a 30 minute attention span that will drop Lewis right into my hands. Last year I didn't want any part of the guy, but this year he just screams value to me. You think Mike Anderson was bruoght in to play a major role in that offense? Did YOU not watch football last year? Mike Anderson is done. 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust anywhere except Denver.

PS- I guess you didn't watch football in 2000-2004 when Lewis was a solid #2 RB at worst.

You can read more of his ingenious arguments in the jamal lewis thread in the draft forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :-b :-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JStein » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:26 am

TheDiplomats wrote:Another undervalued back will be Chris Brown. If he can stay healthy, he should put up some decent numbers this season.

That's a big if - he's practically broken everything in his body at least once last season. But sure - he'll be someone I'll be willing to pickup in my draft in the first half.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby toofunny » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
terpfan wrote:
olympia0731 wrote:
moonhead wrote:
terpfan wrote:I dont buy the jail excuse for Jamal. He couldnt get over jail time ALL year? I just dont think thats it. Im not saying his horrid performance is all on him, his line and QB play sucked, and I think that is more what affected his play. Unfortunately neither of those things have really improved. I think Jamal will be better this year, because he is very talented and just cant repeat a performace like least year. Im not expecting a huge bounce back though.

didn't he have ankle surgery before the season? i don't think he was comfortable running on his ankle that had just been repaired.

Nice... I missed that ;-D

Maybe, but thats not usually the excuse you hear.

Either way, I think the problem is more the supporting cast than anything.

I think it's all of the above. Remember...he did make the comment that he was afraid of getting hurt because he was in a contract year.

Jail time + ankle surgery + no passing game + tentative running / fantasy value = :-t

You also have to remember Terp that the time during a season is not ideal for getting yourself into football shape. If you come into the season not fully recovered because of a poor offseason, the practices they do each week aren't enough to get you into football shape. Not to mention he's taking hits all season which generally doesn't help your ability to perform.

People don't remember that Mike Anderson was a former Fullback, alot of problems arose last year when their FB was hurt for a lot of the season. Anderson was brought in to be there if they needed him at that spot and after Chester left they needed a backup for Jamal. I am not scared at all of Mike Anderson being signed on there. I have been getting Jamal in the 3rd and 4th rounds of drafts and I couldn't be happier with his value there. After a full offseason, I think he can really get back to where he has been for most of his career.

Good job locking up Jamal Lewis in most drafts. Forget Boldin, pick Lewis!

Genius.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:54 pm

Good job dragging up a thread from 7 months ago.

:-t
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk