Sig help! (not a request just need some help) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Sig help! (not a request just need some help)

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Sig help! (not a request just need some help)

Postby dan9124 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 pm

I've just started playing around with photoshop and making simple desktop wallpapers and a few sigs. I've been working on this one but I need some help:

I want to kind of light up the edges of the image of D. Hall, but I'm not sure how. I've been looking at people's sigs and a lot have soft white borders around the players so they'll blend with the background better. If someone could tell me how to do that I'd appreciate it. Also any other tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first sig so I know it's not great. Thanks for any help!
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:34 pm

Right click the player's layer and hit blending options and mess around with those, outer glow sounds like what you're talking about.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:14 am

There's a few ways to do that. Like Gut said, a glow would probably work well since it will blend with the white that you didn't cut out. Another thing you can try is go to Layer>Matting>Defringe. You can set it to whatever you want, bigger the image bigger the size pixels. What this is supposed to do is to take the edge pixels and blend them in how ever many pixels in. It usually work so you don't have to nit pick and erase. You'll eventually get solid and cutting out the more you mess around.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Steve_L » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:15 am

You've definitly got a good start to sig making. Much better than my first sig :-b . For your next sig, try makng a background with brushes/gradients/effects and stuff instead of putting a picture on there, gives a much better appearance to the sig. Great start though and keep it up ;-D
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dan9124 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I've put some outer glow around the images so it looks a little better IMO. But now I can't seem to size it under the limit. When I try to add it as a sig, it says it can't exceed 12688 bytes or something like that. Could someone help me out with this? Here's the image in case ya'll are curious, thanks again for the help.
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chargersfan36 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:26 pm

dan9124 wrote:Thanks for the help guys. I've put some outer glow around the images so it looks a little better IMO. But now I can't seem to size it under the limit. When I try to add it as a sig, it says it can't exceed 12688 bytes or something like that. Could someone help me out with this? Here's the image in case ya'll are curious, thanks again for the help.

http://forums.gfxvoid.com/t-3742.htm
;-D
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dan9124 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:27 am

awesome, thanks! I need to bookmark that site for future reference.
dan9124
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests