Return to General Talk

Hungry?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:15 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Popcynical wrote:How 'bout something I can cook in about 5 minutes without having to go shopping for stuff first? :-D

mac and cheese.

Mm... good idea.

Someone here posted a mac and cheese recipe a while back. Wasn't too bad, as I recall...

Of course, for quick and easy nothing beats Kraft. ;-D

That was me that posted the mac and cheese recipe I use. Takes about 5-10 min prep if that, and 1 hr to bake. Knocks the socks off of Kraft.

Here is the link to the recipe if you are interested..It's my post, 3 up from the bottom of the page.

I made Swipes recipe about 2 weeks ago, went over big with the kids, wife even liked it! Kudos to the Chef.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:45 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Popcynical wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Popcynical wrote:How 'bout something I can cook in about 5 minutes without having to go shopping for stuff first? :-D

mac and cheese.

Mm... good idea.

Someone here posted a mac and cheese recipe a while back. Wasn't too bad, as I recall...

Of course, for quick and easy nothing beats Kraft. ;-D

That was me that posted the mac and cheese recipe I use. Takes about 5-10 min prep if that, and 1 hr to bake. Knocks the socks off of Kraft.

Here is the link to the recipe if you are interested..It's my post, 3 up from the bottom of the page.

I'm just waiting for the second episode of cooking with Swiper ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:34 am

Thanks guys. Glad you liked it.

Knapplc, if the cheese didn't melt that well it may have needed a few more minutes, tough to say. A trick you can do is cover it with foil the last 15 minutes. That seems to brown it up a bit as well.

As for the cheese, the wife tends to like one bag of Colby Jack, and one bag cheddar.

The seasoning can be key to this to. I like putting my favorite steak seasoning on it (already has salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, etc).

As far as the 2nd installment of Cooking with Swiper, I may have to throw something out there. Perhaps Grilled Pizza? No pans, no nothing. Just straight on the grill. Best pizza I've ever made. Any interest? :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:39 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Thanks guys. Glad you liked it.

Knapplc, if the cheese didn't melt that well it may have needed a few more minutes, tough to say. A trick you can do is cover it with foil the last 15 minutes. That seems to brown it up a bit as well.

As for the cheese, the wife tends to like one bag of Colby Jack, and one bag cheddar.

The seasoning can be key to this to. I like putting my favorite steak seasoning on it (already has salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, etc).

As far as the 2nd installment of Cooking with Swiper, I may have to throw something out there. Perhaps Grilled Pizza? No pans, no nothing. Just straight on the grill. Best pizza I've ever made. Any interest? :-b

;-D

I don't cook, but I'm always interested in giving my wife more ideas...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:12 am

Mmmmm, I like pizza ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:54 am

Covering it with foil should stop the browning process, since the foil acts as a heat shield. Weird.

Yes - I'd also be interested in a grilled pizza recipe. I've thought about trying that for a while now but never bothered to look up a recipe.

When's class? ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:02 am

knapplc wrote:

Covering it with foil should stop the browning process, since the foil acts as a heat shield. Weird.

Yes - I'd also be interested in a grilled pizza recipe. I've thought about trying that for a while now but never bothered to look up a recipe.

When's class? ;-D

When I have done it, it seems to speed it up. Who knows. I typically haven't had a problem with it, so I usually don't do that step. But it's worked that way before.

I will try to throw that pizza recipe up here later on.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:06 am

teach us oh wise grillmaster. :-b

hell yeah we want to know how to make a grilled pizza.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Previous

Return to General Talk