United 93 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

United 93

Moderator: Football Moderators

United 93

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:05 pm

A drama that tells the story of the passengers and crew, their families on the ground and the flight controllers who watched in dawning horror as United Airlines Flight 93 became the fourth hijacked plane on the day of the worst terrorist attacks on American soil: September 11, 2001. 'United 93' recreates the doomed trip in actual time, from takeoff to hijacking to the realization by those onboard that their plane was part of a coordinated attack unfolding on the ground beneath them. The film attempts to understand the abject fear and courageous decisions of those who--over the course of just 90 minutes--transformed from a random assembly of disconnected strangers into bonded allies who confronted an unthinkable situation.

Production Status: Awaiting Release

Genres: Drama

Release Date: April 28th, 2006 (wide)

MPAA Rating: R for some intense sequences of terror and violence.

Produced in: United States

Does anyone want to even see this? I saw a trailer and... I guess decided it wasn't for me.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm not interested. I'm sure alot of people weren't interested in watching WW2 movies in the 50s either. :-/
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40 pm

I'm interested. From what I hear, the families of the victims of flight 93 were all for the making of this movie, and provided as much input as they could.

I guess no one really knows what happened on flight 93, but I'd like to think the heroism of the passengers kept the terrorists from hitting their intended target with the plane.

I'll watch it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:44 pm

I will watch it. Probably not in the theater but on video after it is done on the big screen.

Those people on that plane are the real hero's in this world. They knew they we going to die, and to keep others from having to go with them, they took the only action possible trying to take the plane back over. They need all the recognition possible. even if it comes from "hollywood"
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:00 pm

I hate "hero-making" movies.

And from the few details we've known about what really hapened during that flight, the movie is more fiction thant reality.

Not for me. :-t
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:01 pm

I have no interest in seeing it. I grew up on Long Island and I knew a firefighter who died in the twin towers. The less I'm reminded about 9/11 the better even though I think about it every day. I really like the story behind Flight 93 but I'm not interested in seeing this movie.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:11 pm

I watched the made for TV 'Flight 93'. I will probably not see this one in the theater but will probably rent it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby terpfan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Too early...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:11 pm

I'm gonna see it. Should be interesting and from what I know some guys on that plane did some serious heroic stuff to keep that plane from going where the terrorists wanted it to go.

I wouldn't call it a making a hero out of some one who isn't...
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SniperShot » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:43 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:I hate "hero-making" movies.

And from the few details we've known about what really hapened during that flight, the movie is more fiction thant reality.

Not for me. :-t
It's not like they are trying to make heros. Everyone you see in the movie on the plane dies anyway. And it's a true story.

I'll see the movie. I'm glad they made this movie but I agree they probably should have waited another few years at least. I bet it'll do well in the theaters.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to General Talk