Star Trek not dead. STXI comming 2008 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Star Trek not dead. STXI comming 2008

Moderator: Football Moderators

Star Trek not dead. STXI comming 2008

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:59 pm

Looks like Star Trek continues to live. :-B

Rick Berman not involved with this film. :-D

link

J.J. Abrams, producer of hit shows Lost and Alias, as well as director of the upcoming Paramount film "Mission: Impossible III," is slated to produce and direct the next Star Trek feature, according to today's Daily Variety and sources at Paramount Pictures. There is no title as yet for the new movie, but it will be the eleventh in the franchise. (Until a title is selected, we will usually refer to the project as simply "Star Trek XI.")

Although there isn't an official Paramount press release announcing the movie, it is a confirmed project under development with a 2008 release date targeted. Word about the Abrams project surfaced this morning in the daily trade paper. He will be writing the script with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who penned "M:i:III." STARTREK.COM will keep you up to date on all official statements as they are released.

The proposed story will focus on the early days of James T. Kirk and Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first mission in space.

Abrams' producing partners from Lost, Damon Lindelof and Bryan Burk, are cited as being producers on "Trek XI." This project is separate from the previously rumored script developed by Eric Jendresen and overseen by Rick Berman. The former Star Trek producer is not involved in this project.

This announcement is exciting news, and we look forward to following developments on this project every step of the way!
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Don't get me wrong...I like Star Trek, but I really don't want to see this. I have no desire to know about the early years of the crew. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Don't get me wrong...I like Star Trek, but I really don't want to see this. I have no desire to know about the early years of the crew. :-/

Me either....But don't get me wrong, I don't like Star Trek....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:15 pm

this would be the only way i would have any interest in this film. could you imagine a 74 year old shatner being an action hero now? i think it will be interesting to see who plays an early kirk. and see how well he can emulate the cadence of shatner. :-b

or maybe he gets hit with a stun gun on the temple that makes him talk like that. that would be cool.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:12 pm

Die, you undead franchise!! DIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!

They should have ended it with TNG. Everything after that sucked. Everything.

8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:45 pm

knapplc wrote:Die, you undead franchise!! DIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!

They should have ended it with TNG. Everything after that sucked. Everything.

8-o

Hey. DS9 was the bomb! The best written of all Star Trek series.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:23 pm

I don't know would kind of ---- like ----- to see ----- their inter---pretation of Kerk in his ------ youth.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:02 pm

just let it go....i dont know why these people keep trying to let it go. just like that back to the future 4....let it go man...just let it go
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Teck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:03 pm

These movies are outlasting land before time on the longest movie series.. lol
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:30 am

My life will be complete......NOT!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk