NBA Playoffs - 1st round predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

NBA Playoffs - 1st round predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

NBA Playoffs - 1st round predictions

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:49 am

I know, most people dont care about the NBA or the playoffs. But who are people rooting for and which teams will win their 1st round matchup?

1st round predictions:

EAST

(1) Detroit vs (8) Milwaukee - Winnner Detroit 4-0

Detroit 1-0

Milwaukee does not even have a chance. Detroit is still the best team in the NBA and will once again prove their dominance in this series. Redd will be limited and Bogut and friends wont be up to the task...yet

(3) Nets vs (6) Pacers - Winner Nets 4-3

Pacers 1-0

This was the toughest series for me to predict. The two teams are very close but the trio of Jefferson, Kidd and Carter swayed me. Jackson, Foster and Granger have to step up for the Pacers to extend this series to 7.

(4) Cavs vs (5) Wizards - Winner Cavs 4-2

Cavs 1-0

Lebron James. Enough said. Seeing the game today, if the Wizards dont shoot lights out, they dont have a chance.

(2) Miami vs (7) Chicago - Winner Miami 4-2

Miami 1-0

Shaq...you still cant guard him. Same thing with Chicago as with the Wizards..they have to shoot lights out.

WEST

(1) Spurs vs (8) Kings - Winner Spurs 4-1

Spurs 1-0

Artest, your wrong. You wont even get out of the first round against the 2nd best team in the league. Too much firepower for the Spurs and I think that the Spurs bench could have outplayed the Kings today.

(3) Denver vs (6) Clippers - Winner Clippers 4-3

Clippers 1-0

Tough choice. The 6th seeded, home court advantage holding Los Angeles Clippers take it in a battle. The Clips in the 2nd round? Unbelievable.

(4) Dallas vs (5) Memphis - Winner Dallas 4-2

Dallas 1-0

Dallas has learned to play D and with that comes a first round victory.

(2) Suns vs (7) Lakers - Winner Suns 4-3

Suns 1-0

Kobe can only do so much. Saying that, he does win some games for them by himself but the supporting cast doesnt step up.

Thoughts?
Last edited by RocketsDWM on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:08 am

Don't care one bit...sorry. :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:27 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Don't care one bit...sorry. :-/

So why did you even bother to open the thread?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:34 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Don't care one bit...sorry. :-/

So why did you even bother to open the thread?

Because it was there.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:41 am

NBA Playoffs stink in that there are rarely any big upsets.
Rockets, you pick each team with the better record to win their first round matchup. And the thing is I agree with you on all your picks.

Stephen A Smith picked chalk throughout his whole bracket. That is, he picked each team with the better seed (except LAC!) to win all the way to the NBA Finals where he has Detroit over San Antonio. What other major sport can you get away with picking the team with the better record every time? Certainly not football! :-B
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:24 am

The thing that is wrong with the NBA playoffs is that each series is a 7 game one. This is may too many games because each team is putting out the same line-up each game. In baseball it is necessary to have numerous games becuse the pitching variables change each game, so you need all those games to have it even out.

The NBA playoffs go on forever, and ever, and ever and ever
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:31 am

Jimboozie wrote:NBA Playoffs stink in that there are rarely any big upsets.
Rockets, you pick each team with the better record to win their first round matchup. And the thing is I agree with you on all your picks.

Stephen A Smith picked chalk throughout his whole bracket. That is, he picked each team with the better seed (except LAC!) to win all the way to the NBA Finals where he has Detroit over San Antonio. What other major sport can you get away with picking the team with the better record every time? Certainly not football! :-B

that combined with the fact that the nba is boring as hell compared to college hoops makes me not watch it.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:08 am

Those are my exact picks. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Well you didnt go out on a limb on any of them. I'll just say that the Lakers will be lucky to win 1, let alone 3.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:06 pm

Here are my predictions....
Kobe carries his team. LeBron will make his team better. Wade will also be good. The NBA playoff commercials with Ali G will be better than the actual NBA playoffs.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk