typical oklahoma. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

typical oklahoma.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:19 am

Strange man. He's obviously forgotten that it's 2006. $1000 is not a lot of money, especially to ask someone to be your bride. Wouldn't his money become your money, and vise versa, when married? So why the offer in the first place? Also, it is common knowledge (maybe not to Oklahoma residents) that anyone under the age of 18 is off limits. So that's breaking the law and I would consider paying someone to become your bride borderline breaking the law as well. It could be perceived as a form of solicitation of prostitution. Many, many details he apparently did not think clearly through.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:36 am

moonhead wrote:*hangs head in shame*

oh well. who doesn't want a virgin bride? age 12 - 24? lmao.

what a goon. i'm going to put a sign like that in my yard. so the girlfriend can come home to that. that's hilarious. "my grandma got married to a much older man at 14." yeah probably to her uncle. no wonder you're a flipping idiot. gosh!

If it makes you feel any better, there're people like that all over the Central Plains. I've met some in NE too.

They're like refugees from the distant past. Some of these little towns in these middle states have some people that are pretty much unchanged since the first half of the 20th Century.

It's weird talking to them. 8-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:03 am

age of consent in oklahoma is 16. that doesn't clear him on the 12-15 year olds...but, that's that. and i was thinking the $1000 was probably more like a dowry. i don't know.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:22 am

This guy is clearly sick, who would pay to get married! Most people pay to get divorced!!!!!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Dude » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:27 pm

Zoot wrote:Oh, I am afraid our life must seem very dull and quiet compared to yours. We are but eight score young blondes and brunettes, all between sixteen and nineteen- and- a- half, cut off in this castle with no one to protect us. Oooh. It is a lonely life: bathing, dressing, undressing, making exciting underwear. We are just not used to handsome knights. Nay. Nay. Come. Come. You may lie here. Oh, but you are wounded!

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Previous

Return to General Talk