Dolphins Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Miami Dolphins

Dolphins Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dolphins Draft

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:11 am

Last year the Fins got starters at RB, LB, and CB in the draft. Not bad for Saban's first draft. This year the team has needs at DB, LB, WR, and DL and it sure would be great to get another 2-3 starters.

The Fins have the 16th overrall pick, a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, and 3 7th rounders.

I think Saban's first look will be at trading down. This year's draft is very, very similar when you are talking late 1st round and 2nd round prospects. With no 2nd rounder and only 1 3rd rounder an extra first day pick would be huge.

There are alot of names the Fins might be looking at and with Saban you know he isn't going to give any hints. Some names to look for in the 1st include: Jimmy Williams, Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, Ty Hill, Manny Lawson, Chad Greenway, Ernie Sims, Winston Justice, Donte Whitner, Marcus McNeil, and Broderick Bunkley. Some of these guys may already be gone but alot of them will be there.

What do I think? I think with the moves Miami made in the off season including signing several defensive backs and offensive lineman that if they can't trade down they should take either Holmes or Jackson at WR to be our 3rd receiver. I think a decent DT or DB can be found in the 3rd or 4th round but an impact WR is alot harder to find there. LB is another spot we could use help at and Manny Lawson lining up opposite Taylor could be very exciting.

My prediction: Santonio Holmes WR Ohio St.

I'd love to hear other Finfans thoughts and opinions.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 pm

They took Jason Allen at #16 and Derek Hagen at #82...Hopefully they BOTH start and play well!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby VaderFin » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:56 pm

I hope Saban is right on Allen. Not someone I was excited about but I'm going to trust Saban here. ;-D

Hagan is a great pick. Projected at one time to be a 1st rounder he could be another steal for us in the 3rd. Very happy about this pick. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Tue May 02, 2006 9:17 pm

What do you think of Miami's draft Vader? Does it make them a playoff contender?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby VaderFin » Wed May 03, 2006 10:08 am

boehlerking01 wrote:What do you think of Miami's draft Vader? Does it make them a playoff contender?

I've been sick the last couple days which is why I haven't posted the rest of my thoughts on the draft. I'll do so in a day or so.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby boehlerking01 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:25 am

I think that Rod Wright in the 7 th round might have been a steal.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Return to Miami Dolphins