The joys of being a parent.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The joys of being a parent....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:27 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
knapplc wrote:8-o

Man, kids will do anything.

I don't have any good "my kid" stories. She's pretty much just a regular 3-year-old.

She is cute, though:

Man, she looks very much like you Knapp. Proud papa you must be. :-D

Very. :-D
AND, she's a genius. And I'm not just saying that. She is way advanced for her age.

Omaha, this picture was taken at the Henry Doorly Zoo, by the waterfall just outside the Giraffe Pen. It's a great place for pics of the kids. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:34 pm

mysticphysh wrote:LOL Gotta love them kids....I thought it was peanut butter that got gum out...

My 2-3 yr old story...

I was in SC visiting my half-sister because her son had died in a car wreck. After the funeral, she was having a ...thing at her house for family and friends to come visit and offer condoliences. Since we hadn't seen each other in a few years, my wife, daughter, mother, and brother stayed around to visit with her and my other 2 half-sisters.

She has these 3 huge pittbull, lab mixes...the kind of dogs most people would be scared of, but they were really sweet. As we talked, my daughter played with the dogs. They ran all over the house chasing a tennis ball. My daughter was rolling all over the floor with them, reaching into their snapping jaws to pull out the ball to throw again...and just generally rough housing with them. It got to the point where Anéla (my daughter) was becoming their leader and we could tell they were being submissive to her.

Anyways, as we were talking, things got quiet and we didn't realize the dogs and my daughter had disappeared. My brother gets up and walks down the hall to go to the restroom, but turns around and walks back into the living room. With a jerk of his thumb over his shoulder he deadpans..."You're daughter's drinking out of the toliet."

Everything went really quiet before my wife and I started busting out laughing. Anéla had followed the dogs in for a drink....but thank goodness she was only scooping the water with her hand instead of sticking her head in the toliet like the dogs. Needless to say, when we got back to the hotel, she got scrubed down in the tub and her teeth were scrubed....a couple times.:-b

She's now about to turn 5 and we still call her "potty mouth" from time to time. :-b

Hilarious mystic! My wife and I busted a gut over your story!

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:35 pm

Sorry for the double post but here's my Meghan...

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:11 pm

Knappl and Cap those are some cute kiddos!! Gotta go hunt down another of my little one......
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:16 pm

The_Captain wrote:Sorry for the double post but here's my Meghan...

VERY cute, Cap! How long has she been using a "big girl" swing? Maddie HAD to use hers this Spring - that's what the big kids at school use. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Two cuties Cap and Knap!!!

Click on over here for a pic of my little Potty Mouth.

http://www.mysticphysh.com

Just a front page there because I just changed servers and thought I'd completely re-do her site but haven't had time.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Captain » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:26 pm

knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Sorry for the double post but here's my Meghan...

VERY cute, Cap! How long has she been using a "big girl" swing? Maddie HAD to use hers this Spring - that's what the big kids at school use. ;-)

Thanks knapp - Meghan's been using the "big girl" swing since I installed the playset last spring. Meghan had to use b/c her big sister uses it. Meghan is my "tomboy" - she's a total daredevil and not afraid of anything. If I'm laying on the floor, she'll take a running leap - go airborne - and land on me. My eldest is the princess.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:32 pm

"Good girl, Bad attitude" - That's classic, Mystic!

Cute girl, too. She looks "peppy." I'll bet she keeps you busy. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:36 pm

damn all you old people and your kids. this is what i have to read tonight? i'm going to the bar. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 pm

knapplc wrote:"Good girl, Bad attitude" - That's classic, Mystic!

Cute girl, too. She looks "peppy." I'll bet she keeps you busy. :-D

We actually got that idea from a Tinker Bell t-shirt. We saw it and was like...that's sooo her. We bought the shirt, but unfortunately because of the way the shoulders were cut it sat oddly on her shoulders and stuck out, so we had to return it and get a different Tinker Bell shirt.

I couldn't take a pic like yours. My wife and I tried our hardest to avoid getting water in her ears as an infant to avoid ear infections, so she doesn't like water on her head. She complains everytime we wash her hair. She loves to swim, but she won't go underwater and she won't swim without her floatie. She'd be too afraid of that running water to get that close without someone standing there with her. At least at first, then she'd get used to it and realize it's not going to sweep her away and get her head wet.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk