More fodder for the Germany-Florida fire... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

More fodder for the Germany-Florida fire...

Moderator: Football Moderators

More fodder for the Germany-Florida fire...

Postby onnestabe » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:09 pm

Florida had the door-to-door OBGYN-impersonator last week, and not to be out-done, Germany brings us....

Woman nabbed driving corpse across country

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 53-year-old German woman who was driving her dead mother across country to save on mortuary transportation costs was fined by police for disturbing a dead person's peace.

"You're not allowed to transport dead people in your private car," said Ralf Schomisch, police spokesman in Koblenz, where the car was found after a tip-off from a mortuary.

"The corpse was on the back seat without a seat belt, which in this case didn't really matter. But it was covered up with clothing. It is a misdemeanour."

He said the woman, who was not identified, was charged with violating burial laws and disturbing a dead person's peace. She would face a modest fine, Schomisch said.

The woman had already driven 450 km (280 miles) after picking up the body from a mortuary in the northern city of Bremerhaven. She wanted to bury her mother, who died of natural causes aged 90, in her hometown Daun.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:43 pm

wouldn't that smell? :-? :-P :-{
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby VaderFin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:46 pm

No seat belt? Those Germans are CRAZY!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:47 pm

"Disturbing a dead person's peace"... :-?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:07 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:"Disturbing a dead person's peace"... :-?

Exactly my thought. The body is the "clothing" of the soul. I could care less if someone kicks my shirt across the floor after I take it off.

It's just a shirt.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:12 pm

knapplc wrote:

Exactly my thought. The body is the "clothing" of the soul. I could care less if someone kicks my shirt across the floor after I take it off.

It's just a shirt.

This is just the German government protecting the lucrative corpse-transportation industry. If it was legal to transport bodies by yourself, the fat-cat politicians wouldn't get to go out to the annual Dead Passengers Ball (thrown by the powerful corpse-transportation lobby).

I am all for capitalism, but it is wrong for the government to wh0re itself out to the highest bidder like this. ;-7
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:14 pm

onnestabe wrote:
knapplc wrote:

It's just a shirt.

This is just the German government protecting the lucrative corpse-transportation industry. If it was legal to transport bodies by yourself, the fat-cat politicians wouldn't get to go out to the annual Dead Passengers Ball (thrown by the powerful corpse-transportation lobby).

I am all for capitalism, but it is wrong for the government to wh0re itself out to the highest bidder like this. ;-7

LMAO :-b
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:14 am

moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
knapplc wrote:

It's just a shirt.

LMAO :-b

I considered posting something witty, but after reading that I just thought it would be pointless. That was freakin' hilarious!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to General Talk