Ricky Williams loses appeal - Out for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams loses appeal - Out for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:57 pm

Yeah I just saw this on ESPN.

Amazing!

Ronnie Brown owners will be having happy dreams tonight for sure.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JStein » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:31 pm

mattb47 wrote:Ricky still does owe money on his contract though so I would be very surprised if he didn't come back somewhere in 07. I'm sure someone will take a chance on a guy with his kind of talent....they always do.

Jerry Jones just did. That Cowboys team took in both TO and Vanderjagt - need I say more?
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby knapplc » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:05 pm

I'd like to say this is too bad - I think Ricky is harmless - but the man did it to himself.

It's hard to have sympathy for a guy in his situation.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BigBadBrawler » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:31 am

Great news for Bonnie owners (and whoever said 2nd round for R.Brown is crazy). I do have a gut feeling that Ricky plays for someone in '07 though, so if you have an open dynasty spot I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him versus the 3rd RB in some mid-tier NFL offense.
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby VaderFin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:04 am

Miami will still hold Ricky's rights in 07 so he either quits, plays in Miami, or has to get traded.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:49 am

It is hard to feel sorry for someone, who continually puts himself in that kind of situation. I would hate him if he were my teammate.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby boojumsnark25 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:53 am

gablefan wrote:It is hard to feel sorry for someone, who continually puts himself in that kind of situation. I would hate him if he were my teammate.

I don't think he put himself in any "bad situation". He didn't fail for pot. No one knows the substance, but it wasn't pot or coke or anything. He probably took some herb that was on the banned list while he was studying holistic medicine. I'm not saying that he should be excused from NFL policy or anything, but you guys make him out to be a guy who is still smoking the happy grass...those days are behind him, they have to be when you get tested 10 times a month.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gablefan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:07 am

Never said he was on weed, I just said he continuously puts himself in these types of situations. All he had to do was ask a trainer or Dr. if that stuff was legal for the NFL or not. It is not that hard to do.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby michaelavelli » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:11 am

boojumsnark25 wrote:
gablefan wrote:It is hard to feel sorry for someone, who continually puts himself in that kind of situation. I would hate him if he were my teammate.

I don't think he put himself in any "bad situation". He didn't fail for pot. No one knows the substance, but it wasn't pot or coke or anything. He probably took some herb that was on the banned list while he was studying holistic medicine. I'm not saying that he should be excused from NFL policy or anything, but you guys make him out to be a guy who is still smoking the happy grass...those days are behind him, they have to be when you get tested 10 times a month.

yeah you can chose to give him the benefit of the doubt for the FOURTH failed drug test, but i think the fact that he has failed 3 previous ones is reason to enough to say that he put himself in a bad situation.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby boojumsnark25 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:14 am

michaelavelli wrote:
boojumsnark25 wrote:

yeah you can chose to give him the benefit of the doubt for the FOURTH failed drug test, but i think the fact that he has failed 3 previous ones is reason to enough to say that he put himself in a bad situation.

There isn't any benefit of the doubt about it, it was for sure not marijuana.

I won't deny that he was in a bad situation, 3 failed drug tests is definitely bad; the point I was trying to make is that you gotta give the guy some credit for turning things around somewhat. He was clean for a long long time before this happened. It was definitely a mistake on his part, like someone said he could have checked with a team doctor or something.

And Kudos to Saban...he really reached out to him. Sucks it had to end that way, I really don't see Ricky coming back in 2007.
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk