Ricky Williams loses appeal - Out for 2006 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams loses appeal - Out for 2006

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:15 am

boojumsnark25 wrote:
gablefan wrote:It is hard to feel sorry for someone, who continually puts himself in that kind of situation. I would hate him if he were my teammate.

I don't think he put himself in any "bad situation".

Failing the drug test for pot, retiring temporarily to go smoke weed, all of those were choices he made that put him under the scrunity he was under this past year. All of those were choices he made to put himself in this bad situation, where even an honest mistake could cost him big time.

I have no sympathy to Ricky, I did do this to himself.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gablefan » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:21 am

My point exactly, stay drug free for 8 years while in the NFl and you can smoke @ 4:20 everyday for the rest of your life. On a high note though I did get to see him run over pac-man like 25 times last night on ESPN!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Bye Bye Ricky

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:13 am

I can't believe that people are defending Williams. The league wouldn't have suspended him for a year for quaffing garlic pills or ginko balboa, okay?

If I had to bet on what Williams was busted for, my money would be on a masking agent. Piss tests routinely receive a 'specimen integrity check' before the actual drug testing. If a masking agent like Klear, Urine Luck, Stealth, Instant Clean, etc. is found, the piss test fails right there and then; they don't even have to find traces of any drugs if you're trying to mask drug use.

My suspicion is that Ricky tested a masking agent to see if it would be detected. If it hadn't been, he could've used drugs and taken the masking agent. He probably figured that if ONLY the masking agent was discovered, he could get off on the technicality that drugs hadn't been found in his system.

Just speculation, but it makes sense with Ricky's history and the league's anger. They're likely 'pissed' that he tried to pull one over on them. Until I hear a believable confession, this will remain my theory.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:06 pm

I'm inclined to agree with the Draft Dodger here. Rasta Ricky was known to have boasted about how he had masking agents that could fool the league's tests. Could be that he was mistaken. Sure no pot showed up, but the masking agent left it's trail.

Way to blow :-° Ricky! How many more years before we read the obligatory headline "Ex-Phins{ RB Ricky Williams found with 6 tons of marijuana in his van when pulled over for......."

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:18 am

I got Ronnie at 6 behind the big 3, Portis and Tiki right now.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:27 am

Ricky might be headed North for the CFL

Argos show interest in Ricky Williams
April 26, 2006

Sportsnet.ca -- Ricky Williams might be bringing his talents and controversial lifestyle to Toronto.

Sportsnet's Football Insider Eric Tillman has learned that troubled NFL running back Ricky Williams has been added to the Toronto Argonauts negotiation list. The 35-man protected list (per team) gives Toronto exclusive rights to the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner should he decide to play in Canada.

Williams, 30, lost his appeal this week for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy and is ineligible to play in the National Football League in 2006.

Drafted in the first round by New Orleans in 1999, the introspective Williams has had a very mixed professional career. His four 1000-yard seasons have been offset by controversy, including his decision to sit out the 2004 season and, of course, the drug-related suspension.

He may be interested in the CFL until he hears how little they pay. Unless of course, it will be because of our "softer" stance on Marijuana :-b

Why do we keep getting these kinds of guys? Lawrence Phillips, Andre Rison, and maybe now Ricky Williams 8-o
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:32 am

Santacruzer wrote:He may be interested in the CFL until he hears how little they pay. Unless of course, it will be because of our "softer" stance on Marijuana :-b

Why do we keep getting these kinds of guys? Lawrence Phillips, Andre Rison, and maybe now Ricky Williams 8-o

You forgot Quincy Carter who just joined the Montreal Alouettes... :-°
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Lung » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:36 am

Azrael wrote:I got Ronnie at 6 behind the big 3, Portis and Tiki right now.

Wow, Az. You are predicting some bold things for Ronnie. I still have Edge, Lamont, Steven Jackson, Julius Jones, and Cadillac before Ronnie.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:42 am

Verdun Barbarians wrote:
Santacruzer wrote:He may be interested in the CFL until he hears how little they pay. Unless of course, it will be because of our "softer" stance on Marijuana :-b

You forgot Quincy Carter who just joined the Montreal Alouettes... :-°
Is Quincy even going to "Dress" for the games? They just traded for Nealon Green, who (in my opinion) is better suited for the CFL, and likely to be the #2 for the Als, making Quincy a #3 at best.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:49 pm

I just heard on the radio that the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL are interested in Ricky Williams for this year.

Would he even be allowed to go play for another league while he's suspended from the NFL? Isn't he technically still under contract?

:-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk