Cigars? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cigars?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cigars?

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:52 am

Anyone smoke em? I have a buddy who turns 40 this weekend and they are having a huge suprise blow out for him. He smokes cigars but i have never really payed attention to what brand or kind he smokes. I know they are not the cheap party store kind though. I wanted to see if anyone here knew about cigars and or smoked them to get a reccomendation on some decent ones to get for him. I figure a fifth of Vodka and some cigars would make him happy.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:55 am

I've never smoked anything in my life so I can't help you there. I am familiar with the 5th of Vodka part though. :-b
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:58 am

VaderFin wrote:I've never smoked anything in my life so I can't help you there. I am familiar with the 5th of Vodka part though. :-b

Yeah the Vodka part i have no problem with. I never really got into smoking Cigars, the bad thing about it too is his wife doesnt know anything about this party.(or like a typical woman would let it slip) or i could ask her.

I just need a decent cigar brand, nothing cheap around $6-10 per cigar is what im hoping to spend on them.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:59 am

the only thing i know about cigars is they smell terrible. so i'm no help. but i think if you go to a cigar shop (or we have tax free smoke shops here) they should be able to point you in the right direction if you have a price in mind. and good call on the vodka. that would make this man happy. there is a store in the mall here that specializes in cigars, so the staff there is very knowledgeable and helpful...as opposed to the toothless doofus working at the smokeshop. i'm not much help. :-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:02 am

moonhead wrote:the only thing i know about cigars is they smell terrible. so i'm no help. but i think if you go to a cigar shop (or we have tax free smoke shops here) they should be able to point you in the right direction if you have a price in mind. and good call on the vodka. that would make this man happy. there is a store in the mall here that specializes in cigars, so the staff there is very knowledgeable and helpful...as opposed to the toothless doofus working at the smokeshop. i'm not much help. :-D

I was going to go to a cigar shop, just wanted to see if anyone could throw out some good recommendations before i had to talk to someone who is going to try and sell me on the best they have.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moonhead » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:06 am

mutantseabass wrote:
moonhead wrote:the only thing i know about cigars is they smell terrible. so i'm no help. but i think if you go to a cigar shop (or we have tax free smoke shops here) they should be able to point you in the right direction if you have a price in mind. and good call on the vodka. that would make this man happy. there is a store in the mall here that specializes in cigars, so the staff there is very knowledgeable and helpful...as opposed to the toothless doofus working at the smokeshop. i'm not much help. :-D

I was going to go to a cigar shop, just wanted to see if anyone could throw out some good recommendations before i had to talk to someone who is going to try and sell me on the best they have.

yeah i figured that's what you were doing, and then i realized i had no reason to post in your thread...so then i acted like i had advice for you. when i knew that you already knew you could do that. :-b
i'm a tool.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:13 am

moonhead wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

yeah i figured that's what you were doing, and then i realized i had no reason to post in your thread...so then i acted like i had advice for you. when i knew that you already knew you could do that. :-b
i'm a tool.

Admitting there's a problem is the first step to recovery. Good job, Moon! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:05 pm

I don't smoke cigars very often, but when I do I enjoy Romeo y Julietta ($12) or Felipe Gregorio ($8).
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby onnestabe » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:24 pm

I don't know much about cigars, so no recommendations, but I would just decide how much I wanted to spend and ask the shop guy what's the best you can buy for that amount. Once he realizes that you aren't going to be convinced to spend more than you want, he will make a good recommendation. (Oh, and if he's a true aficionado, he probably isn't going to like the cigar with a picture of Bill and Monica on the wrapper ;-) )
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The_Captain » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:43 pm

I wish I could help you MSB but the only thing I know about cigars is they make me want to contribute to some ditch in Iowa.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk