Cigars? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cigars?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:50 pm

The_Captain wrote:I wish I could help you MSB but the only thing I know about cigars is they make me want to contribute to some ditch in Iowa.

You guys should try a good cigar. Your opinions would change.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:54 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I wish I could help you MSB but the only thing I know about cigars is they make me want to contribute to some ditch in Iowa.

You guys should try a good cigar. Your opinions would change.

My problem with them is that I used to smoke ciggarettes, so I have to concentrate real hard not to enhale when I smoke cigars. I can do it, but it takes all the fun out.

The last time I smoked a cigar was on a cruise ship in the Caribbean (it was a Cuban, and I had to take that opportunity to cross "smoke a Cuban cigar" off my To Do List ;-D )
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:12 pm

Romeo y Juliet ones were pretty good MSB. I got those for the boys here for the 'baby cigars'.

If you want something else, you could go for Partagas, Padron, or Royal Butera. All are very good in my opinion (far from expert, but decent for a night with the guys). If I remember right, Padron was a little stronger than the others, but still good.

All should be able to be had about $12 or less. If I remember right.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:14 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Romeo y Juliet ones were pretty good MSB. I got those for the boys here for the 'baby cigars'.

If you want something else, you could go for Partagas, Padron, or Royal Butera. All are very good in my opinion (far from expert, but decent for a night with the guys). If I remember right, Padron was a little stronger than the others, but still good.

Thats the second time i have seen Romeo y Juliet i will have to look into those.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:19 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Romeo y Juliet ones were pretty good MSB. I got those for the boys here for the 'baby cigars'.

Thats the second time i have seen Romeo y Juliet i will have to look into those.

They are pretty good man. Unless you have a way to stumble on some Cubans, they are not a bad way to go. ;-D

I would just take a little list with you in and smell them and go from there, and ask the person there. They are certainly more knowledgable than me. A lot is personal preference.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:04 pm

Cohibas are excellent and I agree with you on the Romeo Y Julietta.
If you can get some Cubans I would go with Monte Cristo #3 (I think its 3, maybe 4) I had them when I was down there and they were good. Plus my buddy's dad is a cigar connossieur, and he likes them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:03 pm

moonhead wrote:the only thing i know about cigars is they smell terrible
You bite your tounge!!! Cigars are the shit plain and simple. Now I only smoke the cheap ones (Swisher Sweets, Black & mild, and Phillies). But I had this one from Nicaragua and ti was really good. I saw this lady handroll one in Miami, made my mouth water. A. THis lady had some real bomb skills and the Cigar looked great! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Wow. Swisher Sweets. I remember having those way back when. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby Tiki » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:20 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Wow. Swisher Sweets. I remember having those way back when. :-b
Yep. ;-D

:-° :-° :-°
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:37 am

Tiki wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Wow. Swisher Sweets. I remember having those way back when. :-b
Yep. ;-D

:-° :-° :-°

no tiki, not filled with that shite you call dank.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk