LT: Something more to think about - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LT: Something more to think about

Moderator: Football Moderators

LT: Something more to think about

Postby Challie » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:22 pm

This on the wire today:

"
Chargers: Good news, bad news for LT

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Monday, September 22, 2003

News
The good news for LaDainian Tomlinson is that he rushed for 105 yards against Ray Lewis and the Ravens on Sunday. Take that, Jamal Lewis. The bad news is that LT's o-line suffered three injuries in the game. Right guard Solomon Page (ankle), right tackle Vaughn Parker (knee), and left tackle Damion McIntosh (chest bruise) all were injured to varying degrees.

Views
Two of the three are scheduled for MRIs, which is never a good sign. San Diego's line was pretty bad to begin with, so this is not good news for LT owners. We'll let you know how the MRIs come out when the team releases info."

-----

There's no reason to panic, but is it crazy to think about moving LT for a Portis, Alexander or Deuce? I don't think it's as crazy as it sounds. Chargers o-line looked bad before and is hurting, while their defense is rapidly becoming pitiful.

I'm not an LT owner, but I'm just throwing this out there for discussion. His solid Week 3 restores his trade value - I think people might want to consider using it. There's no need to panic, but I think LT owners have to at least be willing to think about it.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:26 pm

I think I would take a healthy Portis for LT at this point.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:32 pm

yea man are you crazy?? why even ponder trading away LT for any of those 3 especially portis....if you could find someone crazy enough to trade portis away for LT then do it!
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LeftyQB » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:40 pm

I'd have to consider Portis....but not Deuce...LT is better than Deuce. Hopefully his O-line will be okay. If not, that's another story.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dazedncnfz » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:41 pm

you have to take into consideration if your in a keeper league or not..I have LT in 2 of my keepers and have no intentions of tradeing him away...your knocking a guy who ran for 100 yards vs a tuff tuff D with a hurtin offensive line...think about that..imagin when they get healthy, (which they will) what LT will do then...again becareful about tradeing away players too soon

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk