100 Worst Draft Picks Ever - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

100 Worst Draft Picks Ever

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:26 pm

The guy who wrote this article must be a genius, castigating people for taken proven talents over physical marvels and then flipping the script and saying people shouldn't have gambled on potential and passed on proven commidities.

Good article overall though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 am

7. Charles Rogers, Detroit Lions (No. 2, 2003)
Before the draft, an NFL.com prospect profile wrote of Rogers, "Has a well-proportioned, muscular frame with tight skin, low body fat, good arm length, tight bubble and nicely developed legs and thighs ... Has outstanding quickness in and out of his cuts ... Stays active with his hands to escape the jam and is very fluid getting into his routes ...

I think someone had a serious man-crush... 8-o

Seriously, what the hell is a tight bubble?!?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CC » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:35 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
7. Charles Rogers, Detroit Lions (No. 2, 2003)
Before the draft, an NFL.com prospect profile wrote of Rogers, "Has a well-proportioned, muscular frame with tight skin, low body fat, good arm length, tight bubble and nicely developed legs and thighs ... Has outstanding quickness in and out of his cuts ... Stays active with his hands to escape the jam and is very fluid getting into his routes ...

I think someone had a serious man-crush... 8-o

Seriously, what the hell is a tight bubble?!?

It's his ass.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:29 pm

The thing with Ryan Leaf is that he was supposed to be incredible.

Pretty much every team in that situation would have drafted him there. This is different from Bowie, at least 50% of the teams, if not more would have passed on him in that situation.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Crap

Postby Stejay » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:01 am

95. Tim Couch, Cleveland Browns (No. 1, 1999)
It was the first pick for the new Browns, and while Couch wasn't awful in his five seasons with Cleveland, you wonder what would have happened if the Browns had selected the guy who went second, Donovan McNabb. Maybe we would have been spared the whole Rush Limbaugh Affair … and the Dry-Heaving During the Super Bowl Affair … and the T.O. Affair …

Pure crap :-t :~(
Stejay
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 100 Worst Draft Picks Ever

Postby jayday » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:15 pm

93. Akili Smith, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 3, 1999)
88. David Klingler, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 6, 1992)

No argument....

39. Ki-Jana Carter, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 1, 1995)

I completely disagree...You can't predict career-ending injuries any more than you can predict when there will be peace in the Middle East....That wasn't a bad decision to draft him, just an unlucky one....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Re: 100 Worst Draft Picks Ever

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:29 am

jayday wrote:
93. Akili Smith, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 3, 1999)
88. David Klingler, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 6, 1992)

No argument....

39. Ki-Jana Carter, Cincinnati Bengals (No. 1, 1995)

I completely disagree...You can't predict career-ending injuries any more than you can predict when there will be peace in the Middle East....That wasn't a bad decision to draft him, just an unlucky one....

Complete agree with your disagreement. Injuries should never determine whether someone is a bust or not. I've heard so many people over the years label poor Ki-Jana and Steve Emtman busts, but that's completely unfair. Pairing them up with real underachievers like Ryan Leaf and Heath Shuler is disgraceful. You can't blame Ki-Jana or Emtman for getting hurt. You can blame Leaf and Shuler for being unprepared and overrated.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk