Ever Seed a Lawn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Ever Seed a Lawn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ever Seed a Lawn?

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:49 pm

If you have, how long does it take to start growing.

I removed my lawn and seeded, and now I'm waiting.

I've found the following online...

DAYS
Bahia Grass 21-28
Bermudagrass 14-20
Centipede Grass 14-20
Ky Bluegrass 20-30
Tall Fescue 5-12

Just wondering what anyone's experience was.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:03 pm

Really all depends on weather, how much you water, your soil, and the type of seed you used. I used to landscape back in high school and all the way until the year i finished college. I have seen lawns take seed in 10 days. Did you use anything to cover the seed? i.e. hay? The birds will have a field day with that seed if you dont cover it with something.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Yea, Green pelets with fertilizer which expand and hold in water throughout the day, and later on biodegrade.

Supposed to be the best for the lawn according to the garden center because it protects like hay, fertilizes, and holds in water for the lawn during the day. Not that I really know. :-?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:19 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Yea, Green pelets with fertilizer which expand and hold in water throughout the day, and later on biodegrade.

Supposed to be the best for the lawn according to the garden center because it protects like hay, fertilizes, and holds in water for the lawn during the day. Not that I really know. :-?

I think you overpaid :-b
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:23 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:Yea, Green pelets with fertilizer which expand and hold in water throughout the day, and later on biodegrade.

Those are actually really good, saves from having to fertilize a lawn. Which many people over fertilize and kill and saves the clean up of hay. You should be seeing a nice start in about 10 days, again depending on the weather.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:29 pm

skibrett15 wrote:

I think you overpaid :-b

the thing is, we would have fertilized it anyway, and had to pay for that. Plus hay has lots of weed seeds.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:14 pm

yeah, like MSB said, alot depends on temp, soil coverage and how much you watered

i reseeded some bare spots with Rye Grass seeds and Scott's Lawn Soil and mixed the seeds in good with the soil (didnt just leave them on top) and i had sprouts in exactly 7 days
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to General Talk