dude. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

dude.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:38 pm

knapplc wrote:Pink Floyd IS the best band of all time.

The rest is just details...

PERIOD!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:47 am

moonhead wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:LOL, Right.

I like The Who and all but they ain't that good.

Maybe you just aren't in the right frame of mind. I must be in the total wrong frame of mind, because they suck. :-b

suck? suck yo mama! ;-)

i tell you what it is...you're not listening to them loud enough. either that or you stereo equipment is garbage.

You know what, you're absolutely right! I wasn't listening loud enough. I went home shortly after posting this, tuned into Pinball Wizard, cranked the volume as loud as I could stand, then cranked it up two more notches, pushed my ear against the speaker until my eardrums blew, and at that moment, when the blessed silence hit, I realized just how good they really are. ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Captain » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:45 am

I'm curious - what makes you guys believe Pink Floyd is the BEST band of all time?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 am

The_Captain wrote:I'm curious - what makes you guys believe Pink Floyd is the BEST band of all time?

they are my favorite...but i won't go so far to say that they are the best.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby moonhead » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:22 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:LOL, Right.

I like The Who and all but they ain't that good.

Maybe you just aren't in the right frame of mind. I must be in the total wrong frame of mind, because they suck. :-b

suck? suck yo mama! ;-)

i tell you what it is...you're not listening to them loud enough. either that or you stereo equipment is garbage.

You know what, you're absolutely right! I wasn't listening loud enough. I went home shortly after posting this, tuned into Pinball Wizard, cranked the volume as loud as I could stand, then cranked it up two more notches, pushed my ear against the speaker until my eardrums blew, and at that moment, when the blessed silence hit, I realized just how good they really are. ;-7

ok you're right. they suck. :-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:14 pm

The_Captain wrote:I'm curious - what makes you guys believe Pink Floyd is the BEST band of all time?

Their unique combination of outstanding lyrics, emotive and intelligent music and their ability to combine the two seamlessly into an appealing package throughout several incarnations of the band and 4+ decades.

That's the nutshell version. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:31 pm

knapplc wrote:

Their unique combination of outstanding lyrics, emotive and intelligent music and their ability to combine the two seamlessly into an appealing package throughout several incarnations of the band and 4+ decades.

But based on your description unique combination of outstanding lyrics, emotive and intelligent music and their ability to combine the two seamlessly into an appealing package throughout several incarnations of the band and 4+ decades this could describe ANY band from the late 60's early 70's - Led Zepplin, The Who, The Beatles....

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:46 pm

The_Captain wrote:
knapplc wrote:

But based on your description unique combination of outstanding lyrics, emotive and intelligent music and their ability to combine the two seamlessly into an appealing package throughout several incarnations of the band and 4+ decades this could describe ANY band from the late 60's early 70's - Led Zepplin, The Who, The Beatles....

not so much led zeppelin or the beatles. i don't think much of zep's lyrics...the beatles on the other hand some of their lyrics (john's) were very good. but neither band was around past the 80s. when bonzo died so did zep...and the beatles didn't make it to the 70s.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:28 pm

I think the problem here is, everyone is trying way too hard to make this a science. What it comes down to is, if you like it, it makes you feel something inside, and you remember it, it was pretty damn good. I've had songs that I absolutely loved, and laughed at the silly lyrics, and loathed other songs that were extremely well written (see ANY song by Rush) and given the credit where credit was due. Don't break it down, don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy it. That's what it's there for.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Captain » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:55 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I think the problem here is, everyone is trying way too hard to make this a science. What it comes down to is, if you like it, it makes you feel something inside, and you remember it, it was pretty damn good. I've had songs that I absolutely loved, and laughed at the silly lyrics, and loathed other songs that were extremely well written (see ANY song by Rush) and given the credit where credit was due. Don't break it down, don't try to figure it out. Just enjoy it. That's what it's there for.

How did you get so wise in the ways of the force? ;-)

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk