Draft! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Draft!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft!

Postby Coltonvik » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:08 pm

Lets hear the packers first round pick 5 predictions....... I am going to take Vernon Davis, mainly because with favre back he will have one more option to throw to!
Coltonvik Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jnaz2008 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:40 pm

I'm staying withh what I've been saying since the packers were in position to get a great player, AJ Hawk LB Ohio St., an amazing kid to watch and a leader on the field, great compliment to Nick Barnett
jnaz2008
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:07 am

I'm pretty happy with our First day. We turned Javon, a 2nd round pick and one 3rd into two 2nd rounders two 3rds and two 4ths.
Picks that I loved: AJ Hawk, Abdul Hodge, Darren College.
Picks that I thought were solid: Greg Jennings, Will Blackmon
Picks that could go either way: Spitz, Corey Rodgers

Greg Jennings is an under the radar kind of guy, but that has to be expected from Ted Thompson. He addressed the O-line and Linebacker position and gave us a slot receiver at worst. Plus we have 6 picks tomorrow and there are quality football players to be had. Greg Eslinger is a quality center that has experience in zone blocking that I hope we have at least considered. WR, DL and BPA should be our focus for day 2, maybe a player in the secondary since we have no picks for DBs.
Last edited by skibrett15 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wags6817 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:59 am

You guys are really kissing Bretts but with all those wide outs being picked. I thought the Pack also needed help on the d.
wags6817
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:25 am

Will Blackmon will be a CB for us I think; he played CB for 3 years before moving to WR because the team needed him to. He's a great athlete. Hodge, A.J. Hawk, Blackmon that's a decent amount of defensive players.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby FavresLastStand » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:57 am

We have addressed the D. We signed Ryan Pickett, Charles Woodson, drafted A.J Hawk among others.

The one position I am very concerned about is RB. Ahman Green is a year older and there are questions about his hip yet. Najah is coming off a broken ankle, and I am not buying into the Gado hype. He has a problem holding onto the football which is a major concern. I'd like to have seen us take a RB with one of our picks.
FavresLastStand
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Arlo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:20 pm

skibrett15 wrote:Will Blackmon will be a CB for us I think; he played CB for 3 years before moving to WR because the team needed him to. He's a great athlete. Hodge, A.J. Hawk, Blackmon that's a decent amount of defensive players.

I'll be as good as my word and congratulate the Pack on this pick. Blackmon might have the highest upside of any second-day pick, and while he obviously isn't a sure thing, the risk-reward ratio at this point is fantastic. Congrats! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:57 pm

Project starter for right now:

QB - Brett Favre
RB - Ahman Green
FB - William Henderson
WR - Donald Driver
WR - Robert Ferguson
TE - Bubba Franks
OT - Mark Tauscher
OT - Chad Clifton
OG - Darren Colledge
OG - Jason Spitz
C - Scott Wells

DE - KGB
DE - Kampman
DT - Ryan Pickett
DT - Cullen Jenkins
OLB - Nick Barnett
OLB - AJ Hawk
ILB - Abdul Hodge
CB - Al Harris
CB - Charles Woodson
S - Marquand Manuel
S - Nick Collins

KR/PR - Cory Rodgers
K - Bill Cundiff
P - Ryan Flinn/BJ Sander?

Right now the only 3 guys I see there as real holes are Wells, Spitz, and Cullen Jenkins.

Nabbing Eslinger and Rodrique Wright with our upcoming picks would be a nice move.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:18 pm

From what I've been reading from the local paper... the initial plans are to use Hawk as the WLB and leaving Barnett at MLB. But it also said they will use there 3 best LBs regardless. In my opinion it would be a waste to have Barnett or Hawk at SLB and rob one of them or there natural playmaking ability.

I'm not sure what the plan is but with Hodge slower speed and lack of size he may be projected as a SLB in the NFL. IMHO

Also Spitz may have a better chance at center and don't forget the vet Barry.. he may end up as a starting guard this year as well.
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:39 pm

yeah, barry should be in the heat of the battle for a gaurd spot. Spitz could take the center spot also. Colledge I fully expect to be one of our gaurds. I think we move AJ to SAM, Barnett to WILL and Hodge can be the MIKE. Hodge's slower speed is better served in the middle despite his being undersized. Then again, so was Urlacher.
(Thanks Leber)
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers