Draft! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Draft!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:34 pm

skibrett15 wrote: I think we move AJ to SAM, Barnett to WILL and Hodge can be the MIKE. Hodge's slower speed is better served in the middle despite his being undersized. Then again, so was Urlacher.

It may end playing out like this but I think it would be a mistake to play AJ at SLB ( or SAM). As you know the TE is usually over there.. with the extra blocker and of course the extra coverage responsibilities it will take away from his natural playmaking ability.

I got disagree with any comparison of Urlacher with Hodge.. theres no comparison. Urlacher is actually mucher bigger than any Packers LB at 258 and he just as fast as AJ. Maybe AJ can get bigger and to be in the same class as Urlacher he will need to play MLB (or MIKE). I do think this may be in his future.
Last edited by DarkKnight on Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:15 pm

skibrett15 wrote:yeah, barry should be in the heat of the battle for a gaurd spot. Spitz could take the center spot also. Colledge I fully expect to be one of our gaurds. I think we move AJ to SAM, Barnett to WILL and Hodge can be the MIKE. Hodge's slower speed is better served in the middle despite his being undersized. Then again, so was Urlacher.

Hodge isn't slow, he has decent speed.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Agreed.. maybe average speed at 4.8 and below average size (235) for a MLB.. Not in the same class as AJ and Urlacher, but not many are.

he was sure productive at Iowa so the intangibles sure seem to be there. I like his chances.
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:yeah, barry should be in the heat of the battle for a gaurd spot. Spitz could take the center spot also. Colledge I fully expect to be one of our gaurds. I think we move AJ to SAM, Barnett to WILL and Hodge can be the MIKE. Hodge's slower speed is better served in the middle despite his being undersized. Then again, so was Urlacher.

Hodge ran a 4.76 compared to Greenway's 4.75. Hodge has pretty good speed, none of the top 4 ILB's on NFL Draft Countdown ran faster then a 4.7.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:33 pm

4.76 isn't that bad for an ILB and as a Michigan fan and someone who watches a lot of Big 10 games, Hodge plays faster than he times.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:40 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:4.76 isn't that bad for an ILB and as a Michigan fan and someone who watches a lot of Big 10 games, Hodge plays faster than he times.

Agreed, but that's rather slow compared to Barnett and AJ. The reason I said he had slower speed was in comparison to the other two and trying to make an argument for why he's the ILB and the other two should play outside. As for the comparison to Urlacher... it was directed at the height issue. Some people think that a tall MLB will help them in playing the pass, but the knock on Urlacher was his lack of height and he turned out ok. The point is, Barnett and AJ are the more versatile of the 3 Linebackers, while hodge really only fits in the middle.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:55 pm

hey skibrett15.. you need to change your sig very soon!

Yes I am bitter over the Walker thing and I think horrible we only got a 2nd for him. I hope his career is all down hill form now on.

You could be right on Hodge.. I just have high hopes for AJ and don't want him at SLB... but whatever best for the Packers is the way should go.
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skibrett15 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:17 pm

I've done a little more reading/thinking/research and I'm beginning to lean towards Hawk on the weak side, Barnett Staying at the middle and Hodge on the strong side. I'm finding inconsistent 40 times all over the place, but from what I can tell he plays fast enough to be on the outside. I think this is the least risky setup since moving Barnett could be bad for him/the team. A couple of years and we have one of the best linebacking corps in the league!
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Green Bay Packers