Bass Guitar - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bass Guitar

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teck » Wed May 03, 2006 12:58 am

Hmmm being a musician...

ONLY shop here..
http://www.musiciansfriend.com

I play bass, and yeah, I'd reccomend an ibanez, depending on what your budget is, and pick up just a small practice amp. Other basses to look at are Fender basses, they make pretty good ones.

I got a bass and amp to sell too btw :)
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed May 03, 2006 8:43 am

First off, never say never to anything when it comes to music. That includes ruling out a six string bass as was suggested earlier. At first, you should learn on a four string, but my bass player had a six string and he could do amazing things with it that four string players could never even dream of. Also, Rickenbacker has fantastic sustain and low end tones, so that might be an option if you want to get a more expensive model later down the road. As others mentioned, Ibanez and Fender also make nice axes, but depending on the music you intend to play, the Rick rules. Of course, it's all personal taste, so you definitely need to go play them for yourself, and never buy anything out of a classified or a mag if you can't try it out and hear it for yourself.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 03, 2006 9:17 am

Sixxgunn wrote:First off, never say never to anything when it comes to music. That includes ruling out a six string bass as was suggested earlier. At first, you should learn on a four string, but my bass player had a six string and he could do amazing things with it that four string players could never even dream of. Also, Rickenbacker has fantastic sustain and low end tones, so that might be an option if you want to get a more expensive model later down the road. As others mentioned, Ibanez and Fender also make nice axes, but depending on the music you intend to play, the Rick rules. Of course, it's all personal taste, so you definitely need to go play them for yourself, and never buy anything out of a classified or a mag if you can't try it out and hear it for yourself.

;-D
I was trying to remember the bass one of my old bandmates used. That was it. It sounded awesome. And looks cool too. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed May 03, 2006 12:06 pm

Rickenbacker 400x ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri May 26, 2006 3:27 pm

checked out the local music shop downtown today

the guy there really knew what he was talking about, i got to talk to him for awhile. He reccomended an Eleca bass. Eleca is by the same manufacterer as Ibanez (i guess over 50% over the guitar brands out there are this manufacterer called Cort).

They have a deal going that includes a Bass, 10W amp, cord, tuner, strap, and a few other accessories all for 229 and then a 15% discount deal on all guitars and packages that lasts till tomorow. I think i'm going to get that deal. It will total out to 195$ for everything i need to get myself started and a nice guitar
Last edited by Dirt Bag on Fri May 26, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri May 26, 2006 3:30 pm

Here's the bass im going to get.

Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:checked out the local music shop downtown today

the guy there really knew what he was talking about, i got to talk to him for awhile. He reccomended an Eleca bass. Eleca is by the same manufacterer as Ibanez (i guess over 50% over the guitar brands out there are this manufacterer called Cort).

They have a deal going that includes a Bass, 10W amp, cord, tuner, strap, and a few other accessories all for 229 and then a 15% discount deal on all guitars and packages that lasts till tomorow. I think i'm going to get that deal. It will total out to 195$ for everything i need to get myself started and a nice guitar

That sounds to be a great deal for a start-up. If you decide to go with a pick as opposed to finger picking, or slap, do yourself a favor and get several different styles and gauges of picks so you can find one you are comfortable with. You will also want to try different types of strings right away. The sooner you become comfortable with your instrument, the more likely it is you will stick with it. Don't get discouraged if you aren't jamming out "Crash Course in Brain Surgery" in your first month. Good luck and have some fun! ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby knapplc » Fri May 26, 2006 4:01 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Here's the bass im going to get.

I expect some music links by the end of the summer, lil 'Cuna!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri May 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:checked out the local music shop downtown today

Sounds like a good starter. Good luck. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk