The Godfather Part III - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Godfather Part III

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Godfather Part III

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 am

Ok, I need a little of the cafe's help here. I just finished watching the first two installments of The Godfather for the first time in my 28 years on this earth. Yes, it took me some time to finally get around to watching these films, but they were certainly worth the wait. Very amazing storytelling, acting and cinematograhpy. I have to say, they're every bit as good as people have told me they were.

That leaves me with only The Godfather Part 3 to watch in order to complete the magnificent trilogy. However, I've heard from many people who are avid fans of the first two films, that the third installment is rubbish and not worth watching. That said, why is the third Godfather film so poorly recieved?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Mon May 01, 2006 7:57 am

one name to ruin it all

sofia coppolla. :-t

it's ok. watch it only becasue you have seen the first two . atleast then you never have to watch it again. i wanted to take it out of my box set when i went to buy them on dvd but they wouldn't let me.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 01, 2006 9:24 am

it took me about 25 years to actually watch them...and i had heard horror stories about 3 as well.

it wasnt as bad as it was made out to be. wasnt great either, but it would be worth watching for closure
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Mon May 01, 2006 9:29 am

it's definately the least entertaining of the 3, but you should see just to finish off the trilogy. 2 is my favorite ;-D ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Mon May 01, 2006 10:02 am

it's not a bad movie. it's just bad comparatively speaking. you're comparing it with two of the finest films ever made...so that is tough. sofia copola is not good. al pacino is his usual overacting self. the story isn't as good. it's a so-so film. forgettable. if it wasn't a godfather.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 01, 2006 1:24 pm

I've heard that about Sofia Coppola. People often tell me she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Cool, well thanks for the info on the 3rd film. Sounds like I'll rent it just to complete the trilogy, if nothing more. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Mon May 01, 2006 5:35 pm

Basically, its not a terrible film, it just seems so bad because the first two were so good. It was possibly the biggest letdown of any sequel ever.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby footballchick23 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:04 pm

Like others have said about Sofia Coppola...she totally stinks up the movie...she should definitely stick to directing...I remember she was on with Jay Leno promoting "Virgin Suicides" and the audience booed her because of III. Andy Garcia is pretty lame too and the story just seems to take a weird turn. See it once and get it out of the way just so you'll never have to see it ever again!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 02, 2006 2:58 pm

maddog60 wrote:Basically, its not a terrible film, it just seems so bad because the first two were so good. It was possibly the biggest letdown of any sequel ever.

even worse than The Phantom Menace?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 02, 2006 3:07 pm

Godfather III is an excellent film IMO. It gets a bad rap because I & II were great films and the fact that it released 16 years after the fact, surrounded by so much hype that it never stood a chance to satisfy fans. If it had released in 1976 I think it would have been received much more favorably.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk