Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay!

Postby jayday » Wed May 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Link

Moussaoui Gets Life for Role in Sept. 11
AP - 15 minutes ago

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A federal jury rejected the death penalty for al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui on Wednesday and decided he must spend life in prison for his role in the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history. After seven days of deliberation, the nine men and three women rebuffed the government's appeal for death for the only person charged in this country in the four suicide jetliner hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001.

I'm GLAD they gave him life in prison over a death sentence....That's what he wanted! He wanted to be executed! Now he gets to go snuggle with Bubba and get gang raped every day :-b I hope every guy in the joint takes his turn with him....And my money is on the guards allowing it ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay!

Postby knapplc » Wed May 03, 2006 4:21 pm

jayday wrote:Link

AP - 15 minutes ago

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A federal jury rejected the death penalty for al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui on Wednesday and decided he must spend life in prison for his role in the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history. After seven days of deliberation, the nine men and three women rebuffed the government's appeal for death for the only person charged in this country in the four suicide jetliner hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001.

I'm GLAD they gave him life in prison over a death sentence....That's what he wanted! He wanted to be executed! Now he gets to go snuggle with Bubba and get gang raped every day :-b I hope every guy in the joint takes his turn with him....And my money is on the guards allowing it ;-D

That is very good news. I wonder if there was an “pressure” on the jury to come back with a life sentence rather than capital punishment.

;-D ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed May 03, 2006 4:23 pm

AP - 15 minutes ago

i agree. also, to me, the question is that is the death penalty any worse than life in prison? i almost would rather be killed than go to prison for the rest of my life.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The_Dude » Wed May 03, 2006 5:14 pm

:-° hippies.

< ;-7 >

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 03, 2006 5:24 pm

AP - 15 minutes ago

I dont think its good news at all. Now my taxes will keep him fed, housed, clothed and educated. No thanks i would rather have seen him given the death penalty.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed May 03, 2006 5:26 pm

It's too bad that people do these things.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mikus » Wed May 03, 2006 6:21 pm

mutantseabass wrote:

AP - 15 minutes ago

I dont think its good news at all. Now my taxes will keep him fed, housed, clothed and educated. No thanks i would rather have seen him given the death penalty.

i don't think he will live very long in prison

EDIT:

i wanted to add this quote from the CNN.com story:

"I know why the jury made the decision that they did, but I believe in an eye for an eye, " said Jon Fisher, whose father died on 9/11. "Heck with lethal injection. Here's to hoping someone in jail gets to him."

looks like he shares the same sentiment.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:03 pm

i hope he has a problem with dropping the soap-Oh wait never mind that piece of crap would like it.

Good, I hope he's miserable as hell
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed May 03, 2006 7:06 pm

mutantseabass wrote:

AP - 15 minutes ago

Believe it or not, it costs more to put someone to death than it does to imprison them for life.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 03, 2006 7:24 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

AP - 15 minutes ago

Believe it or not, it costs more to put someone to death than it does to imprison them for life.

I have heard that in the past but have never seen the numbers to prove it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk