Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed May 03, 2006 8:04 pm

"FRESH FISH!!! FRESH FISH!!!"
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah, isn't it like 20K to kill someone via lethal injection?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Moussaoui (20th Hijacker) Receives Life In Prison - Yay!

Postby maddog60 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:16 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I dont think its good news at all. Now my taxes will keep him fed, housed, clothed and educated. No thanks i would rather have seen him given the death penalty.

I agree. I have no problem with terrorists wanting to die for their "cause." I just have a problem with them taking others with them. Honestly, I wouldn't have even wanted to waste the cost of a bullet on this guy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed May 03, 2006 8:32 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
jayday wrote:Link

Moussaoui Gets Life for Role in Sept. 11
AP - 15 minutes ago

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A federal jury rejected the death penalty for al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui on Wednesday and decided he must spend life in prison for his role in the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history. After seven days of deliberation, the nine men and three women rebuffed the government's appeal for death for the only person charged in this country in the four suicide jetliner hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001.

I'm GLAD they gave him life in prison over a death sentence....That's what he wanted! He wanted to be executed! Now he gets to go snuggle with Bubba and get gang raped every day :-b I hope every guy in the joint takes his turn with him....And my money is on the guards allowing it ;-D

I dont think its good news at all. Now my taxes will keep him fed, housed, clothed and educated. No thanks i would rather have seen him given the death penalty.

Believe it or not, it costs more to put someone to death than it does to imprison them for life.

I have heard that in the past but have never seen the numbers to prove it.

I'm too lazy to look it up but have seen the numbers that supports what TBM is saying.

It is due to the appeals process for death row inmates that jacks up the costs. Apparently the appeals process can get pretty lengthy and drives up huge costs to the taxpayer.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:04 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
jayday wrote:Link

Moussaoui Gets Life for Role in Sept. 11
AP - 15 minutes ago

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - A federal jury rejected the death penalty for al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui on Wednesday and decided he must spend life in prison for his role in the deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history. After seven days of deliberation, the nine men and three women rebuffed the government's appeal for death for the only person charged in this country in the four suicide jetliner hijackings that killed nearly 3,000 people on Sept. 11, 2001.

I'm GLAD they gave him life in prison over a death sentence....That's what he wanted! He wanted to be executed! Now he gets to go snuggle with Bubba and get gang raped every day :-b I hope every guy in the joint takes his turn with him....And my money is on the guards allowing it ;-D

I dont think its good news at all. Now my taxes will keep him fed, housed, clothed and educated. No thanks i would rather have seen him given the death penalty.

Believe it or not, it costs more to put someone to death than it does to imprison them for life.

I have heard that in the past but have never seen the numbers to prove it.

I'm too lazy to look it up but have seen the numbers that supports what TBM is saying.

It is due to the appeals process for death row inmates that jacks up the costs. Apparently the appeals process can get pretty lengthy and drives up huge costs to the taxpayer.

Maybe some patriotic criminal will do us all a favor, and save us the cost of both life imprisonment and all those appeals.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Wed May 03, 2006 9:08 pm

over/under 3 months.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Wed May 03, 2006 11:14 pm

moonhead wrote:over/under 3 months.

No, no - I'm sure our citizens will remain honorable and let him live out his term in peac-- OOOPS!! Was that your head in the vise Mr. Moussaoui?!?!? I'm SO SORRY!!!!! 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

Better make that an "under" bet. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:09 am

Blech...this guy is small potatoes anyway...what we really need to do is quit f-ing around and get those "truly" responsible for 9/11.

Did you hear about what he said when he was sentenced? "America, you lost. I won" (or something along those lines). This guy is a pawn. No way he's going to get put in the general pop anyway, so, like MSB said, our tax dollars will go to help letting this guy live out the rest of his life in his "comfy" little cell.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:21 am

Maybe he should go here
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu May 04, 2006 11:33 am

dream_017 wrote:Maybe he should go here

Good call dream. I'm actually satisfied with the outcome. I generally prefer the death penalty in a case like this, but with him, I think it'll be tougher to live his days out in solitary confinement in a small cold cell. Make him count the days before he dies of old age. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk