May the Fourth Be With You... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

May the Fourth Be With You...

Moderator: Football Moderators

May the Fourth Be With You...

Postby knapplc » Thu May 04, 2006 3:09 pm

Yahoo wrote:May 4 is a special occasion for "scruffy-looking nerfherders" and closet fans of Aunt Beru. You see, today is "Star Wars Day." To the best of our knowledge there's no official party or convention, but there is a kind of secret handshake, albeit a verbal one. Instead of saying "may the force be with you," (as we all do hundreds of times every day) those in the know say "may the fourth be with you." Get it? May the fourth?

Honestly, we're a little embarrassed to be writing about this, but when the searches surge, we don't have a choice. So, rather than judge from atop Mt. Cool, we'll instead imagine May 4 as a day of togetherness for a galaxy far, far away. It's a day when Chewbacca and C-3PO put their bickering behind them. It's a day when Obi-Wan and the walrus guy from the cantina can kick back with a tall glass of blue milk. It's a day when Darth Vader is a little less angry, Jar-Jar is a little less annoying, and Luke and Leia are a little less, ahem, chummy. Go ahead and hug your nearest Jawa. It's Star Wars Day.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Thu May 04, 2006 3:24 pm

i requested off of work today citing may fourth as a religious holiday. i didn't get it. :-t
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu May 04, 2006 3:24 pm

moonhead wrote:i requested off of work today citing may fourth as a religious holiday. i didn't get it. :-t

How about you try again tomorrow for Cinco de Mayo? :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu May 04, 2006 3:25 pm

In honor of this fine day I just force choked that witch I hate in my department. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu May 04, 2006 3:27 pm

LOL....I actually thought this was gonna be a 4k congratulatory thead for VaderFin....I think I'm spending too much time at the Cafe :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dream_017 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:29 pm

jayday wrote:LOL....I actually thought this was gonna be a 4k congratulatory thead for VaderFin....I think I'm spending too much time at the Cafe :-b

You too? :-? 8-o :-b

May the Fourth be with you ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby knapplc » Thu May 04, 2006 3:32 pm

jayday wrote:LOL....I actually thought this was gonna be a 4k congratulatory thead for VaderFin....I think I'm spending too much time at the Cafe :-b

Hey - good idea for his 5K! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Thu May 04, 2006 3:37 pm

i also heard today that the original original movies will be out on dvd some time this year.

happy 4th
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby moonhead » Thu May 04, 2006 4:02 pm

logan wrote:i also heard today that the original original movies will be out on dvd some time this year.

happy 4th

sweet. i hate the dvds i have with all the extra special edition BS in them. but i still watch the hell out of them. and one of my jerk friends stole my original vhs set. jerk.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Thu May 04, 2006 4:08 pm

moonhead wrote:
logan wrote:i also heard today that the original original movies will be out on dvd some time this year.

happy 4th

sweet. i hate the dvds i have with all the extra special edition BS in them. but i still watch the hell out of them. and one of my jerk friends stole my original vhs set. jerk.

I'll sell you my original VHS set for $20. I've barely watched them and I no longer own a VCR.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk