Making Salsa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Making Salsa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon May 08, 2006 3:59 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Sorry Sixx...but the seeds have very little to do with the hotness.

The spice/hotness is embedded in the membrane of the pepper.

For example...have you ever bitten the edge of a pepper? Then bitten the end of it? Which end is hotter? Neither. Its all the same.

SNS. I break salsa down into two cats. The pouring kind and the scooping type. Your recipe looks fine and i think its falls into the scooping cat.

Ill drop a recipe on you guys later.

This thread was really highjacked.
Sweet man, finally someone who can throw out another recipe. ;-D

There really isn't much to a salsa recipe. Throw in your favorite veggies and enjoy. My recipe is almost identical to the first one, but I was illustrating different methods of tweaking it. Different types of tomatoes, onions, peppers and so forth. Salsa is really something everyone needs to make on their own because tastes differ so greatly when it comes to the strength of these flavors, the heat of a pepper, the taste of cilantro, the tart and acidic nature of lemons and limes. There are cheat methods, which I sometimes employ, such as adding favorite hot sauces, tobasco or powdered seasoning like garlic salt or some generic "mexican spice" by Lawry's or something, but I've always found the simpler the better, and always use fresh. ;-D Besides, if you can put a homemade salsa recipe down on paper, your a better man than me because it will never taste the way the recipe's originator intended. It's impossible to measure dashes of this and dribbles of that.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon May 08, 2006 11:28 pm

Cilantro makes me want to gag - other than that the recipe looks good to me - might give it a go next time I'm making fajitas... ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk