DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses

Moderator: Football Moderators

DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses

Postby VaderFin » Sat May 06, 2006 12:19 am

One of the whackjobs of the year.

Muhammad Begins Questioning Witnesses
By STEPHEN MANNING, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
ROCKVILLE, Md. - Convicted sniper John Allen Muhammad stuck to the facts as he began questioning the first witness Friday in his second trial for the random killings that terrorized the Washington area in October 2002

Kimberly Sadelson took the stand Friday morning and told the court how she had heard the shot that killed James Martin, 55, and saw him collapse in the parking lot of a Wheaton shopping center.

"Did you see who shot this person?" Muhammad, acting as his own attorney, asked Sadelson.

Sadelson said she had not.

Muhammad, already sentenced to death in Virginia for one of the 10 sniper killing, is now on trial in Montgomery County for six others.

In his opening statement Thursday, he introduced himself to jurors as a distraught father who was only in Maryland in October 2002 to search for the children he lost in a custody dispute — not to become the Washington-area sniper.

"I woke up this morning knowing that I needed to come into this court room and fight for my life to survive or I will die," he told the jury. "It's that simple, people."

Muhammad, 45, said he and then-teenager Lee Boyd Malvo — also convicted in Virginia and sentenced to life in prison — were shocked when a SWAT team pulled them from their car on Oct. 24, 2002, while they slept at a highway rest stop.

Inside, authorities found a Bushmaster rifle that was linked through ballistics evidence to most of the 10 sniper killings and three woundings in the Washington region. A hole had been cut in the car's trunk, which authorities say was used to fire fatal shots at random victims.

"The evidence is going to show you that John Allen Muhammad is innocent," said Muhammad. "The evidence is going to show you that my son, Lee Boyd Malvo, is innocent. The evidence is going to show you a lot."

During his 20-minute statement, Muhammad quoted Plato and referred to his military training. He likened his case to the betrayal of Jesus, and asked jurors to judge him wisely. He said he would rely on "quantum physics, immaterial evidence and material evidence" to prove his case.

He said he lost his children in a custody battle with former wife, Mildred Muhammad. He said that day, Aug. 31, 2001, was "my September 11th" and prompted his nationwide search for his children. Muhammad said he learned that the children were in the Washington area, and drove there with Malvo, who treated Muhammad as a father figure.

Deputy State's Attorney Katherine Winfree chronicled the six Maryland shootings, pointing out that the car Muhammad and Malvo allegedly used was seen near several murder scenes soon after or before the killings.

Wielding the Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle, she described how Muhammad and Malvo fired their fatal shots. She detailed notes left at crime scenes, including one that demanded $10 million. And she said DNA found on items left at some of the killings was Muhammad's.

"They lined up these innocent victims in their crosshairs and pulled the trigger, destroying lives," she said.

__

Associated Press writer Stephen Manning contributed to this report.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:19 am

if he's already getting death in virginia, what are they going to do to him in maryland? put his corpse in prison? :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat May 06, 2006 9:27 am

Here is what they need to do to him is in each state he killed someone, the families should get to torture him (not kill him) and then the state with the most deaths at the hands of muhammed, they finally get to finish him off.

Beiung up here in Northern VA during that time, he caused a lot of concern for everyone not to mention (most importantly) the loss of family members nd friends.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:28 am

Kill him
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sat May 06, 2006 12:28 pm

He said he would rely on "quantum physics, immaterial evidence and material evidence" to prove his case.

Seriously... WTF?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Sat May 06, 2006 12:52 pm

terpfan wrote:
He said he would rely on "quantum physics, immaterial evidence and material evidence" to prove his case.

Seriously... WTF?

To prove he wasn't where the shot was fired form.

They better kill him. Any one that sick, and took so many lives needs to be exterminated.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby knapplc » Sat May 06, 2006 12:52 pm

terpfan wrote:

Seriously... WTF?

We should not make the mistake of thinking this guy is sane. He's a Class A whackjob. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sun May 07, 2006 10:55 am

he should be flogged to death in public.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Redskins Win » Sun May 07, 2006 2:22 pm

knapplc wrote:We should not make the mistake of thinking this guy is sane. He's a Class A whackjob. :-t

the sad thing is that he is sane with no regard for life.
I lived in fear the whole time the sniper shootings were going on. Buying gas was a horrific event. Hiding behind the car and pumps. he'll get whats coming to him from MD and VA.

By the way MD let VA take him to trial first because we have the death penalty.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun May 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
knapplc wrote:We should not make the mistake of thinking this guy is sane. He's a Class A whackjob. :-t

the sad thing is that he is sane with no regard for life.
I lived in fear the whole time the sniper shootings were going on. Buying gas was a horrific event. Hiding behind the car and pumps. he'll get whats coming to him from MD and VA.

By the way MD let VA take him to trial first because we have the death penalty.

I don't stand still when I get gas either, and I live in Texas. For some reason I just always think about that whenever I'm getting gas, so I'll pace around instead of standing still.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk