DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: DC Sniper Begins Questioning Witnesses

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:29 am

Time's up...

John Allen Muhammad, 48, is set to die by injection in a Virginia prison Nov. 10, seven years after he and his teenage accomplice terrorized the area in and around the nation's capital for three weeks.

"I feel like it's going to be the last chapter of this book and I want to see what his expression on his face is. And I want to see if he says anything," the 38-year-old Rivera said. "I want to see his face and see how he likes that — confronting his death."

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20091105/US.Sniper.Execution.Witnesses/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:50 am

Glad he's finally being put to death. Although, to parrot what steelerfan said, why would they bother trying him in MD after he got the death penalty in VA? What's the point?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re:

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:24 pm

OK, I know the guy murdered 10 people in cold blood, but really guys?

moonhead wrote:he should be flogged to death in public.
8-o

Dolfin99 wrote:Here is what they need to do to him is in each state he killed someone, the families should get to torture him (not kill him) and then the state with the most deaths at the hands of muhammed, they finally get to finish him off.
8-o 8-o

You guys are talking about a human being, a sick one yes, but human still the same. Don't you think public execution and extreme torture is taking it a little far? There are very good reasons why the Constitution doesn't allow those type of activities...

I'm hoping I just missed some sarcasm here...
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Re:

Postby Kilroy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:35 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:OK, I know the guy murdered 10 people in cold blood, but really guys?

8-o

Dolfin99 wrote:Here is what they need to do to him is in each state he killed someone, the families should get to torture him (not kill him) and then the state with the most deaths at the hands of muhammed, they finally get to finish him off.
8-o 8-o

You guys are talking about a human being, a sick one yes, but human still the same. Don't you think public execution and extreme torture is taking it a little far? There are very good reasons why the Constitution doesn't allow those type of activities...

Ask the families of the victims if it's "too far". You reap what the freak you sow. He'd have gone right on killing men, women, and children had he not been caught, so frankly I could give two s***s about his "humanity", cuz' there isn't any.

Strap his a** to a pole and let the families of his victims use him for target practice.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Kilroy wrote:Ask the families of the victims if it's "too far". You reap what the freak you sow. He'd have gone right on killing men, women, and children had he not been caught, so frankly I could give two s***s about his "humanity", cuz' there isn't any.

Strap his a** to a pole and let the families of his victims use him for target practice.

Exactly. Eye for an eye. Time to call in a couple of hard pipe hittin african americans to go to work on the holmes with some plyers and a blow torch. Get medevil on his arse.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:OK, I know the guy murdered 10 people in cold blood, but really guys?

8-o

8-o 8-o

You just don't get it. Killing people is wrong, so wrong in fact, that the only way we can make sure people know how wrong it is is by killing people.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 am

Art Vandelay wrote:

8-o

8-o 8-o

You just don't get it. Killing people is wrong, so wrong in fact, that the only way we can make sure people know how wrong it is is by killing people.

Thank you. I'm glad not everyone on the interweb is completely freaking insane... Im just going to chalk this thread up to people talking big online, and maybe, just maybe, I can keep my hope in humanity. Maybe.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:38 am

FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:

8-o

8-o 8-o

Thank you. I'm glad not everyone on the interweb is completely freaking insane... Im just going to chalk this thread up to people talking big online, and maybe, just maybe, I can keep my hope in humanity. Maybe.

You keep using the word "humanity" like that sack of crap has a shred of it in him. The only difference between him and a rabid animal is that the animal doesn't know any better. You don't try to reason with evil...you destroy it, or it destroys you.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 am

Kilroy wrote:
FearandLoathinginATL wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:You just don't get it. Killing people is wrong, so wrong in fact, that the only way we can make sure people know how wrong it is is by killing people.

You keep using the word "humanity" like that sack of crap has a shred of it in him. The only difference between him and a rabid animal is that the animal doesn't know any better. You don't try to reason with evil...you destroy it, or it destroys you.

That's certainly one way to look at it. There's several others, of course, as well. I don't think anybody here is using the word humanity to describe what he himself possessed, more so what we, as a society, should show any and everybody, without discrimination. Some people call this "soft" and say that ideologies like this are why "America is wearing a skirt now", and want an eye for an eye. Me, I'm not really for killing people regardless of how heinous the crime is. My view may change if it was, say, one of my family members who was murdered in cold blood, but since it's not and I can't realistically put myself in that situation and determine how I'd feel, I'll stick with what I know for now. There's a laundry list of punishments that I'd find acceptable for crimes, even the most brutal ones, but death just doesn't make the list, ever. I'm not huge on vengeance, which is essentially what I view forced death as. I don't think it's justice, nor does it undo the acts that were committed, or realistically make them hurt any less. People throw the "Well now the families know he can never do it again" stuff around, but again, there's a laundry list of alternatives that ensure that, without having to murder him. I dunno. I understand why people are all for it, I suppose, I just don't see myself ever getting anywhere near that side of this argument. For me, there's just no way around it.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:22 am

i dont have a problem with the death penalty, but letting people be drawn and quartered or whatever people were wanting to do isnt really my cup of tea...lethal injection FTW
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk