Tickets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tickets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tickets

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 06, 2006 1:17 am

It is amazing to me just how hard it has been to find tickets to the Philadelphia Eagle-Green Bay Packer game this October 2. I've been hoping to attend one of the Eagle-Packer games in Philly the last couple years (they keep playing in Philly just to taunt me, I believe) and I want to see Favre play in person before he retires. Anyone have a surefire way to find tickets. I'd like at least four, but if push came to shove, would settle for less (all together for the family).

Thanks
WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat May 06, 2006 1:29 am

im sure ebay would have some but not sure if they usually go over ticket price or under since I never really check
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 06, 2006 2:26 am

Crimedogg32 wrote:im sure ebay would have some but not sure if they usually go over ticket price or under since I never really check

I had thought about ebay -- but wondered what the chances are that the tickets I buy are real or counterfeits. Do they have any authenticity checks or anything for protection? The tickets they have currently are pricey, but then again, perhaps they're about right on? I've never attended an NFL game before. I also understand that this is a Monday night game, so I'm sure that inflates the price somewhat. They have the following packages:

1. Four tickets for section 110, row 29 (endzone seats). Buy It Now price of $1,100

2. Two tickets for section 111, row 13 (endzone seats). Buy It Now price of $479.99

3. Two tickets for section 111, row 10. Buy It Now price of $600

4. Two tickets for section 126, row 21 (corner endzone seats). Buy It Now price of $549

These prices seem legit? What other avenues may there be? Anyone know of any bustrip packages that may be better values?

Thanks
WP
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat May 06, 2006 7:06 am

I've gotten tickets off StubHub and had no problems. From what I've read the tickets are a little more expensive off StubHub but it's safer than EBay. The tickets won't be cheap. Usually the closer to the game it gets the better the prices are but not always. Looking at Stubhub now there are plenty of 4-ticket packages for about 180/seat and up.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sat May 06, 2006 10:07 am

http://www.ticketsnow.com has been good for me and my buddies, then again we are trying to get Bills tickets which are less in demand.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Sat May 06, 2006 11:00 am

Just make sure on eBay the seller has good feedback. My uncle got tickets for us last year to see the Packers vs. Vikings on Monday Night Football last year.. he got 'em off ebay and everything went great (except we lost :-( )
Last edited by Popcynical on Sat May 06, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:00 am

I have bought a lot of event tickets off of EBAY and have never run into any problems. Look at their feedback and see if others have purchased tickets from that individual, if they have and their feedback rating is high then you are good.

If you find something you want, send the seller an email (if they are an individual and not a ticket company) because I bought 2 tickets (dream seats) at Fedex field for $200. I was in the second row in the endzone. Anyway, I told him that the most I could pay was $200 total and he agreed because he was selling his season tickets that he gets from his company. He was not there to scam anyone, he just wanted to make a little bit.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dolfin99 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:11 am

Also, if they do not show an actual picture of the tickets, I would get them to send you documentation of the tickets. I would also call the ticket office to verify the ticket number is in fact real.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:44 am

I have Lions season tickets and have sold them on both eBay and stubhub. Like mentioned you just have to do some checking on the background of the seller.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Santacruzer » Mon May 08, 2006 12:21 pm

I don't think tickets have actually hit the market yet, have they? Don't they come out in late July?

Right now you would only have season-ticket holders pre-selling, and their interests in doing so is to make good coin. I would wait until you are a little closer so that you have people with other interests selling them (unable to attend, etc). But don't wait too long when things heat up over the matchup.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Return to General Talk