I've Always Wondered... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I've Always Wondered...

Moderator: Football Moderators

I've Always Wondered...

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 06, 2006 5:05 am

1. Do funeral directors put underwear on dead bodies before viewings/funerals? You would think that this is a waste of otherwise perfectly good underwear, considering the body would already be in full clothing.

2. Is there any proof that the little annoying "elect so-and-so for whatever menial local office" signs actually work? Do people actually make election choices from seeing those little signs?

3. How are yawns contagious? Everytime I yawn, someone near me yawns -- or vice versa. What's the deal?

4. Why are people stupid enough to buy "gourmet" dog foods like Beneful for their dogs? http://www.beneful.com How many dogs in the wild eat peas, carrots, potatoes, etc.? Dogs are carnivores -- not omnivores like people. Don't people realize that the only reason the "gourmet" dog foods have peas, carrots, potatoes and other non-meat foods is strictly for marketing to idiot people who think their dogs should eat like people -- and who are willing to pay a ton of extra money for something that is actually worse for their dogs in the long run.

Just curious... ;-D
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sat May 06, 2006 5:52 am

LOL on the funeral one. I have no clue and don't really care. :-b

I used to know why yawns are contagious but I have since forgotten and am too lazy to look it up. YAWN.

I thought that Beneful is supposed to be better for dog's health. Isn't that what Purina marketed it to be? A healthier alternative to the standard dog food. :-?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Sat May 06, 2006 6:09 am

Jimboozie wrote:
I thought that Beneful is supposed to be better for dog's health. Isn't that what Purina marketed it to be? A healthier alternative to the standard dog food. :-?

Purina marketed it to be that. That's why they added peas, spinach, rice, etc. However, we don't change nature. Dogs are carnivores, and most of the veggies they get in items like this aren't digested and are passed along to the dog's stools. Basically, all the special "gourmet" additives are pooped out in the lawn. The Beneful line is one of the biggest marketing scams of all time.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby skibrett15 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:33 am

a lot of dog food contains rice, but as for peas and vegetables that seem pretty wacko.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Arlo » Sat May 06, 2006 11:41 am

Jimboozie wrote:I used to know why yawns are contagious but I have since forgotten and am too lazy to look it up. YAWN.

I thought there were only a few theories and guesses, but no definite answer to this question yet? If this has been solved, I'd also be interested in learning about it in case anybody knows the story. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Sat May 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Arlo wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I used to know why yawns are contagious but I have since forgotten and am too lazy to look it up. YAWN.

I thought there were only a few theories and guesses, but no definite answer to this question yet? If this has been solved, I'd also be interested in learning about it in case anybody knows the story. :-)

well according to wikipedia, the current hypothesis has to do with herd behavior-signaling tiredness to an entire group in order to synchronize sleeping patterns. Also might be a herd instinct which has to do with imitating what others are doing, but subconsciously.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby UNDEFEATED » Sat May 06, 2006 12:11 pm

REGARDING THE UNDERWEAR

Yes.

I dressed my deceased grandmother with a couple of my cousins a few years ago. The Funeral Director walked us through the entire process. Offering us the chance to put underwear on her.

Its just respect.

It was crazy moving her limbs becuz it was getting stiff.

-------

I was wondering the yawn thing yesterday... ;-D
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby terpfan » Sat May 06, 2006 12:33 pm

4. Actually, dogs are ominvores. So a non-all meat diet probably is better for them. That said, "gourmet" dog food still isnt necessary...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Sat May 06, 2006 12:37 pm

Regarding number 4.....Dogs eat their own vomit...nuff said :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Sat May 06, 2006 12:49 pm

UNDEFEATED wrote:REGARDING THE UNDERWEAR

Yes.

I dressed my deceased grandmother with a couple of my cousins a few years ago. The Funeral Director walked us through the entire process. Offering us the chance to put underwear on her.

Its just respect.

I had no idea they did that. Interesting, and a good heads-up for future responsibilities I may be asked for when my parents die.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk