I've Always Wondered... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I've Always Wondered...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 06, 2006 8:34 pm

Rabbits eat their poop apparently. My friend's girlfriend has them...says it aids in digestion. No thanks to that. :-P

(The other day I saw it in action...not cool.)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guru13 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:31 am

about the yawning...

From Why moths hate thomas edison and other urgent inquiries into the odd nature of nature.

quote:

Q:Why is yawning contageous?

A: First let us despense with the antiquated notion that a yawn is the body's attempt to pump extra oxygen into our fatigued systems. Scientists have shown that a person in an oxygen chamber yawns just as much as anyone else. No, yawning seems to be tied to more primal purposes, with contagion at the center of it. A semiautomatic reflex that originates in the brain stem and marks transitions from one mental state to another, yawning is wide-spread throughout the animal kingdom, particularly among carnivores. Watch a pride of lions: when one cat opens its mouth, pretty soon there's an outbreak. Although the precise mechanism for its contagiousness remains unknown, yawning appears to be a piece of ancient genetic wiring meant to help synchronize clan behavior, a form of prelinguistic communication indicating that it's time to move on the the next big thing. Think of it as a way for, say, a Neanderthal to let his comrades know that the nap's over; let's go bag us a woolly mammoth.

guess what the next topic in the book is.....

Q:What purpose do male nipples serve?

heh
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun May 07, 2006 9:51 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:about the yawning...

From Why moths hate thomas edison and other urgent inquiries into the odd nature of nature.

quote:

Q:Why is yawning contageous?

A: First let us despense with the antiquated notion that a yawn is the body's attempt to pump extra oxygen into our fatigued systems. Scientists have shown that a person in an oxygen chamber yawns just as much as anyone else. No, yawning seems to be tied to more primal purposes, with contagion at the center of it. A semiautomatic reflex that originates in the brain stem and marks transitions from one mental state to another, yawning is wide-spread throughout the animal kingdom, particularly among carnivores. Watch a pride of lions: when one cat opens its mouth, pretty soon there's an outbreak. Although the precise mechanism for its contagiousness remains unknown, yawning appears to be a piece of ancient genetic wiring meant to help synchronize clan behavior, a form of prelinguistic communication indicating that it's time to move on the the next big thing. Think of it as a way for, say, a Neanderthal to let his comrades know that the nap's over; let's go bag us a woolly mammoth.

guess what the next topic in the book is.....

Q:What purpose do male nipples serve

heh

hmmm.......

what purpose do male nipples serve? :-? :-b
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mysticphysh » Sun May 07, 2006 11:53 am

Bravos of Steel wrote:
what purpose do male nipples serve? :-? :-b

Temperature gauge? :-?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:13 pm

vestigial structures.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk