Who deserves a roster spot? Trent Dilfer or Tommy Maddox? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who deserves a roster spot? Trent Dilfer or Tommy Maddox?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who deserves a roster spot? Trent Dilfer or Tommy Maddox?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:27 pm

My current QBs are Michael Vick, Jamie Martin, and Trent Dilfer.

Vick is sidelined, Jamie Martin was quite disappointing last week, and now I have the possibility of picking up Tommy Maddox, but I would need to drop Dilfer. Should I pick Maddox and drop Dilfer?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kashikis » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:44 pm

id keep dilfer maddox will more than likely get the bench a few weeks from now but dilfer will start all year
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

QB's

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:59 pm

None of your QBs are good enough this year to wring your hands over. I could dump any 2 of them and not lose any sleep. Vick's season doesn't look very promising and Dilfer is unlikely to stay healthy.

1) Definitely get Maddox.

2) Your record, and the relative strength of your opponents should decide who you unload. If you're doing well, drop the QB who has been least productive. If you have a losing record, keep the guys with the most upside, because you will have to play a riskier game to compete.

I really like Maddox, and you should too. He plays alot of weak defenses which, win or lose, will give him great numbers. Look at his XFL (where he was league MVP) and Arena Football numbers and judge for yourself.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk