What is the deal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What is the deal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is the deal?

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:56 pm

I am in an 8 team league. I do not understand what is going on with the FAs in my league. I would think that with only 8 teams, there would be a lot of good FAs out there. There is not. Santana Moss, Anquan Boldin, Quincy Morgan, Hasselbeck, and almost all of the first two week surprises, were drafted. I have read many postings of Price, Boston, Hambrick, Moss (santana), Boldin, and many others being FAs. Is this just that the owners in my league are smarter? or is there another explanation for this?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:19 pm

I guess it depends on how many roster spots you have. I'm really surprised that Boldin was drafted. I'd imagine that person is really smart.

With Boston being a FA, I'm sure that people are dropping him because he is so injury prone and maybe roster spots are too valuable to keep a player that is constantly on the bench. Price a FA? Hard to believe. He was probably dropped because he's produced nothing, but I think he would have to be drafted top 15 or even top 10 WR.

By the way, are you the M_Zimmerman who plays nfl 2k3/ESPN now on the forums?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Thanks

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:21 pm

My league has 18 roster spots on each team. The person who drafted Anquan Boldin follows College Football very close. He predicted at the draft that he would be good. Of sourse none of us believed him! The best guys available are Bryson and Erik Parker.
BTW I do not know what you talkin about. So I guess I am not the M_Zimmerman you are talking about. My last name is Zimmermann (two n's at the end)

Thanks man,
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby altproject » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:31 pm

most of the leagues i've played in have 14-player teams... yours has 18.. that's 24 extra players which is the equivalent to roughly a 10-team league. that might have something to do with it...

as for the guy that drafted boldin, i'd consider him more lucky than smart -- or just a guy who's favorite team is florida state. unless boldin has a rookie year like randy moss, it was a pretty retarded move to draft him in an 8-team league -- it might pan out, but way to risky of a move in my opinion.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant