Cruise's Crazy Act Costs MI:III - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Cruise's Crazy Act Costs MI:III

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 am

Phillip Seymour Hoffman or something like that...he only won the Oscar for best Actor this year... ;-7

I don't watch movies in the theater for the most part, so he wasn't going to get my $8 (or whatever the going rate is). Good thing Napoleon Dynamite was in that Benchwarmers movie or else I would have never gone to see it for $5. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 9:51 am

Jimboozie wrote:I love all the Mission Impossible movies and shows so I had to see MI3 regardless of Cruise's antics. The film was pretty good - it had a good amount of action, suspense and the usual Mission Impossible trickery and deception. ;-D

Did they make Tom Cruise do their bidding by capturing him and putting a bomb in his brain? Wasn't that a major part of the plot?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon May 08, 2006 9:55 am

knapplc wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I love all the Mission Impossible movies and shows so I had to see MI3 regardless of Cruise's antics. The film was pretty good - it had a good amount of action, suspense and the usual Mission Impossible trickery and deception. ;-D

Did they make Tom Cruise do their bidding by capturing him and putting a bomb in his brain? Wasn't that a major part of the plot?

Yes.
The bad guys put an explosive charge in Ethan's brain. That is all I am saying, go see the film! :-]
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 10:18 am

Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yes.
The bad guys put an explosive charge in Ethan's brain. That is all I am saying, go see the film! :-]

That doesn't exactly make me want to see it. The more preposterous the plot, the less interested I usually am. It'll be on HBO soon enough. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon May 08, 2006 10:27 am

knapplc wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yes.

That doesn't exactly make me want to see it. The more preposterous the plot, the less interested I usually am. It'll be on HBO soon enough. ;-)

The storyline is actually very good for a big budget summer flick.
I don't think that it is a must-see movie or anything but if you like big budget action films then MI3 is for you.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dadd » Mon May 08, 2006 10:45 am

It actually got really good reviews, I'm going to see it.

And comparing its opening weekend numbers to other films that opened on holiday weekends is kinda dumb.

Of course, it isn't going to make as much. My question would be: If the studio knows his movies do great opening on a summer holiday weekend, then why not wait and open MI:3 on a SUMMER WEEKEND?
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 10:48 am

Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yes.

The storyline is actually very good for a big budget summer flick.
I don't think that it is a must-see movie or anything but if you like big budget action films then MI3 is for you.

We'll see. It's been a while since the wife and I had a date, and from what I keep hearing this is a fun movie.

It'll be a better big-screen movie than Akeelah and the Bee, that's for sure. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Jimboozie » Mon May 08, 2006 10:53 am

Dadd wrote:It actually got really good reviews, I'm going to see it.

And comparing its opening weekend numbers to other films that opened on holiday weekends is kinda dumb.

Of course, it isn't going to make as much. My question would be: If the studio knows his movies do great opening on a summer holiday weekend, then why not wait and open MI:3 on a SUMMER WEEKEND?

Cuz bigger movies will be coming out and they wouldn't want to go toe-to-toe with X Men 3.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dadd » Mon May 08, 2006 10:53 am

It'll be a better big-screen movie than Akeelah and the Bee, that's for sure. ;-D

Aah, nothing like taking the fam to see a kiddie flick. I can't remember the last time I went to a nice theater and watched a blow-em up guy movie.

If you family is like mine.....have fun watching Akeelah! :-)
Dadd
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon May 08, 2006 10:55 am

Dadd wrote:

Aah, nothing like taking the fam to see a kiddie flick. I can't remember the last time I went to a nice theater and watched a blow-em up guy movie.

If you family is like mine.....have fun watching Akeelah! :-)

My daughter is three, so we don't take her to movies quite yet.

Have you seen Akeelah? Was it good? I really liked Searching for Bobby Fisher and Little Man Tate and stuff like that. Is it like that?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk