sleeper of the year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

sleeper of the year

Moderator: Football Moderators

sleeper of the year

Postby northcuttfan » Mon May 08, 2006 3:00 pm

he can make catches 5 feet off the gorund and grab it with 3 fingers and contain it while being hit ... and has the speed of randy moss... he gets traded.. where he is suroounded in a great offense.. with a great wideout beside him a rb that whipes out Defenses and a stable QB with a greata rm to get him the ball who is this man... BRANDON LOYD.... huge year get him...hes a steal in the 7th and 8th rounds
northcuttfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: sleeper of the year

Postby Steve_L » Mon May 08, 2006 3:02 pm

northcuttfan wrote:he can make catches 5 feet off the gorund and grab it with 3 fingers and contain it while being hit ... and has the speed of randy moss... he gets traded.. where he is suroounded in a great offense.. with a great wideout beside him a rb that whipes out Defenses and a stable QB with a greata rm to get him the ball who is this man... BRANDON LOYD.... huge year get him...hes a steal in the 7th and 8th rounds

Yea he could potentially be a steal. I don't know if he's really a steal in the 7th or 8th round though because he is not going to score very much.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Alkaholik » Mon May 08, 2006 3:23 pm

Steve_L wrote:
northcuttfan wrote:he can make catches 5 feet off the gorund and grab it with 3 fingers and contain it while being hit ... and has the speed of randy moss... he gets traded.. where he is suroounded in a great offense.. with a great wideout beside him a rb that whipes out Defenses and a stable QB with a greata rm to get him the ball who is this man... BRANDON LOYD.... huge year get him...hes a steal in the 7th and 8th rounds

Yea he could potentially be a steal. I don't know if he's really a steal in the 7th or 8th round though because he is not going to score very much.

There is just too many other guys around who also score for him to have a steve smith like year, look at carolina, there were no #2 wr's threatening him and Stephen davis wasnt a huge threat.

washington has Moss and Portis, who both should have great years, i really cant see brandon lloyd being te biggest sleeper, but i can see him numbers increasing this year
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby CC » Mon May 08, 2006 3:24 pm

I could easily see Lloyd having a better year than Santana.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Mon May 08, 2006 3:25 pm

It's a little hard to trust a #2 receiver from Washington... If he was around past the 9th round, I will consider him.
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby michaelavelli » Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 pm

i've seen lloyd make a lot of spectacular catches and drop a lot of easy ones.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby onnestabe » Mon May 08, 2006 3:29 pm

Since when did Washington have a great offense? :-? He should be pretty good for Washington, but I am more worried that he and Santanta will have similar numbers to the point where neither are worth much from a fantasy perspective.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Mon May 08, 2006 3:59 pm

i thought this thread would be about shaun alexander. :-B

lloyd is a nice receiver, but i'm not sure i want to rely on him for much. i think he'll be very hit and miss this year. very inconsistent, but he could score huge when he goes off.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby terpfan » Mon May 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I could easily see Lloyd having a better year than Santana.

I highly doubt that.

But I agree with the thread starter. :-D (althought Lloyd isnt anywhere near as fast as Randy Moss)

Lloyd will probably be a servicable 3rd or 4th fantasy WR. Santana is probably a good #2. I think his number will be hurt a little by Lloyd but should still get around 75 catches, 1300 yards and 7 TDs.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon May 08, 2006 4:26 pm

moonhead wrote:i thought this thread would be about shaun alexander. :-B

Why? The thread title didn't say anything about overrated....

How long until one of those threads gets started?
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk