Lucky for knapp
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Fri May 12, 2006 11:07 am

knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm going to tell him it was you who tracked mud into his house. }:-)

Question though, Knapp; Bo only played for the White Sox in '91 & '93. If you're 35 right now, wouldn't that make you 21 in '91 and 23 in '93? You mentioned you were a kid when he was building his house so I was just curious.

21 is a kid. Actually I think I was 20 (I was born in August and I think this was in the Spring).

But I did track mud in his house. :-D

So when you were 20 you didnt care about Sports? Man when i was 20 i couldnt get enough sports and if i were in Bo Jacksons house it would have been all i talked about.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri May 12, 2006 11:19 am

mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm going to tell him it was you who tracked mud into his house. }:-)

Question though, Knapp; Bo only played for the White Sox in '91 & '93. If you're 35 right now, wouldn't that make you 21 in '91 and 23 in '93? You mentioned you were a kid when he was building his house so I was just curious.

21 is a kid. Actually I think I was 20 (I was born in August and I think this was in the Spring).

But I did track mud in his house. :-D

So when you were 20 you didnt care about Sports? Man when i was 20 i couldnt get enough sports and if i were in Bo Jacksons house it would have been all i talked about.

Man, I should have paid more attention to my original post! :-D

Bo played for the Sox. I'm a Cubs fan. I couldn't care less about him, especially when I was younger and thought the Cubs were the shizzle.

The gist of the story is this - when my grandparents sold my great-grandfather's farm in (what was then) rural Hinsdale it was developed into big expensive homes, Bo Jackson's house was built on my great-grandpa's pig sty and I tracked mud in the house when we walked through it.

The rest - just details that I didn't pay much attention to when I originally made this post. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 12, 2006 11:41 am

On that note, it's scary to think what everyone's houses are buried on top of. As long as its not some indian graveyard, I think ignorance is the best policy ... better to 'not' know.

Another fact about Bo Jackson ... his Heismann was attained on one of the closest votes in Heismann-voting history.

The runner up that year? None other than first-year SDSU head coach Chuck Long. ;-D

And better yet, Long was drafted by the Lions, and was the beginning of their downward spiral of draft woes.

;-D ;-D :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Fri May 12, 2006 1:09 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:On that note, it's scary to think what everyone's houses are buried on top of. As long as its not some indian graveyard, I think ignorance is the best policy ... better to 'not' know.

Another fact about Bo Jackson ... his Heismann was attained on one of the closest votes in Heismann-voting history.

The runner up that year? None other than first-year SDSU head coach Chuck Long. ;-D

And better yet, Long was drafted by the Lions, and was the beginning of their downward spiral of draft woes.

;-D ;-D :-b

Yeah thanks for bringing Chuck Long into the conversation. :-# :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk