The Final Cut
3%
Momentary Lapse Of Reason
3%
Division Bell
No votes

Total votes : 31

Postby The Thrill » Wed May 10, 2006 9:35 am

Voted Wish You Were Here. ;-D Animals is a close second for me (DSOTM 3rd and then The Wall 4th).
The Thrill
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hastur » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 am

I went with Animals. A rare album, gritty, soulful, lonely, hard. One of my favorites. Obscured by Clouds is a great one too.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 10, 2006 10:45 am

First album I ever bought....

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Alkaholik » Wed May 10, 2006 2:32 pm

wow, how Pink Floyd's music has influenced my life in the last 5 years(yes, i'm only 22) a lot has derived for me from their music......but back to the topic, i have actually gone through every single album listed, plus all their solos....for those who dont know, there are some good songs hidden in those solo albums.

its hard to break it down past 5, but i'll put in down to 2....DSOTM and The Wall.

I gave my vote to The WALL for a few reasons: the movie with it was quite an emotional ride, there is a lot of messages in that movie. It is a Double CD, The CD's had Another Brick In The Wall, Hey You(man this one gets your mind rollin) and Comfortably Numb.

If The Wall were only 1 cd i would give my vote to DSOTM, the correlation with the wizard of oz was cool, it's awesome how the cd runs through from beginning to end(from birth to death) and the songs run together and the hype in general.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
If The Wall were only 1 cd i would give my vote to DSOTM, the correlation with the wizard of oz was cool, it's awesome how the cd runs through from beginning to end(from birth to death) and the songs run together and the hype in general.

I went The Wall but agree with you Alky if The Wall were 1 CD DSOTM would have gotten my vote too. Pretty much i could have thrown a dart and whatever title it hit you really couldnt go wrong.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 11, 2006 8:56 am

anyone see Roger Waters is performing the entire Dark Side in concert this fall?

i was tempted to get tickets, but they were between $70-130. probably would have been fun, even if the rest of the band wasnt with him.

i'm actually not sure if it sold out here, so i may get tickets if it doesnt
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby umma10 » Thu May 11, 2006 9:08 am

I am a huge Pink Floyd fan and I had to pick Animals, probably because it was the first whole album I was introduced to. The first song that caught my ears was Welcome to the Machine...I can honestly say that there is not one album or song that I do not like....They were and still are the most amazing band ever.
umma10
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 47)

Postby Horizons » Thu May 11, 2006 9:29 am

DSOTM, several of my all-time fav's on that LP and so many memories associated with it.. ;-D
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 11, 2006 5:10 pm

This is pretty much what I figured to see. DSOTM and The Wall leading the way with Animals and Wish You Were Here following in a distant 3rd and 4th. Though, it's nice to see someone give Meddle some love. That's a tremendous album that rarely gets mentioned among their finest work. ;-D Thanks for taking part everyone! I'll likely poll again for another band soon!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk