Injured RB's and the Best Backup's to get off Waivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Injured RB's and the Best Backup's to get off Waivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Injured RB's and the Best Backup's to get off Waivers

Postby senseiosin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:39 pm

Ive read a few posts about different back up RB's so wanted to have a central point to get the concensus on who's the best back up RB in leagues like mine with 12 teams that scrounge the hell out of RB's meaning there is VERY slim pickins on the waiver wire. Want to agree upon who is the best guy to get this week as my #2 RB is either Zerouwe, Candidate, or L.Jordan. So far this is what Ive heard/read, feel free to post additions, corrections, or opinions on who's who of the waiver wire chumps....

Buffalo: Henry may be injured and miss time, Sammy Morris is his immediate backup with Joe Burns likely to be used as well in a RBBC if Henry misses games. Which of the two is the better pick up assuming Henry misses time? :-o

Cincinnati: Brandon Bennett is the back up for an injured Corey Dillon, depending on how bad Corey is. Any updated news on this scenario? ;-D

Houston: Some guy named Tony Hollings that Ive never heard of who may be taking carries away from Stacey Mack, and or this other backup named Dominack Davis. Either worth a crap I wonder? :-o

Dallas: Aveion Cason, looks to be nothing more than a part time 3rd down back.
:-t

Packers: Najeh Davenport is available, but from what I can tell picking him is basically nothing more than a lottery that Ahman Green gets hurt. :-t

Jaguars: LaBrandon Toefield, SEE PACKERS ABOVE

Cheifs: Tony Richardson, SEE JAGUARS & PACKERS ABOVE

Seahawks: Maurice Morris, See ABOVE

Patriots: Larry Centers, the original king of the waiver wire, catches some passes, may score 1 or 2 TD's all season. QUestionable at best, but who knows. :-o

Any thoughts on who's the best of this bunch and why?[b]
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeru » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:45 pm

None of the names you've listed are starting calibre unless someone gets hurt giving them a chance. The two names that I'd lean towards grabbing are Toefield, because Fred Taylor is probably the feature back in the NFL that's most likely to get injured, and Davenport because A.Green has had past injury problems, and because Davenport still gets some carries to keep Green fresh. Since Henry only has bruised ribs and Dillon doesn't seem to be seriously injured, I wouldn't bother picking up their backups unless you have Henry and Dillon yourself.

Probably the two best backups to have for feature backs are Lamar Gordon, since Faulk has been very injury prone lately and is out 4 weeks with a wrist injury (although I doubt he's still there), or Mike Anderson in Denver. Whoever has been Denver's feature back has always been a solid fantasy back, so if Portis were to go down, it's likely that Anderson would be a solid back to start.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Gordon

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:49 pm

None of the guys you listed are worth picking up, the only guy I think is is Lamar Gordon. With Marshall Faulk out, he will get all of the carries.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:53 pm

jeru wrote:None of the names you've listed are starting calibre unless someone gets hurt giving them a chance. The two names that I'd lean towards grabbing are Toefield, because Fred Taylor is probably the feature back in the NFL that's most likely to get injured, and Davenport because A.Green has had past injury problems, and because Davenport still gets some carries to keep Green fresh. Since Henry only has bruised ribs and Dillon doesn't seem to be seriously injured, I wouldn't bother picking up their backups unless you have Henry and Dillon yourself.

Probably the two best backups to have for feature backs are Lamar Gordon, since Faulk has been very injury prone lately and is out 4 weeks with a wrist injury (although I doubt he's still there), or Mike Anderson in Denver. Whoever has been Denver's feature back has always been a solid fantasy back, so if Portis were to go down, it's likely that Anderson would be a solid back to start.

why do people insist on saying that taylor is very likely to get injured and its only a matter of time til he does??? he played ALL 16 games last season and is working very hard this season and playing like a horse and is looking very good...i think he will be at least a top 10 RB this year.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jeru » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:57 pm

Because Taylor always misses signifigant time in odd numbered years, and has good years in even numbered years.

1998: played 15 games
1999: missed 6 games with injury
2000: played 13 games
2001: missed 14 games with injury
2002: played all 16 games

Law of averages means he's due to miss at least 6 or 7 games this year.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby senseiosin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:04 pm

I hear you jeru, and agree for the most part. I have Clinton Portis as my #1 guy and got Mike Anderson last week as insurance, cant be too careful ya know.... As for Fragile Freddy, I know he has injury problems but it seems with how terrible the Jaguars are he doesnt get the bulk of touches which may be contributing to his durability the last season and change. Toefield I guess is the best of the bunch in terms of a long term guy.

The reason I wanted to take one of those injury replacement guys is because Im looking more for a one or two week quick fix, basically inject some life into my #2 RB slot. Zerowue, Candidate and L.Jordan are not pretty options. I think TJ Duckett just came out on waivers at the end of last week. Probably go for either him or Teofield.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:13 pm

jeru wrote:Because Taylor always misses signifigant time in odd numbered years, and has good years in even numbered years.

1998: played 15 games
1999: missed 6 games with injury
2000: played 13 games
2001: missed 14 games with injury
2002: played all 16 games

Law of averages means he's due to miss at least 6 or 7 games this year.

listen to yourself man, you sound like a child if your tricking yourself into believing something like that. Oh well think what you want and you will see taylor play at least 14 games this season and be a top 10 RB
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:20 pm

i'm curious about jordan and bennett. i'd say gordon too, but he's gonna be gone before i can get to him.

hey, sensei, what's up with the avatar?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby senseiosin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:41 pm

Yoda, its an AOL buddy icon screenname thingy, found it on http://www.ballericons.com/ thought it was hilarious. Just a harmless joke... Lighten up dude, we could discuss the oversensitive attitute held by so many concerning white on black humor while its perfectly acceptable for black comedians to rag on white people but this is a board about football. NOt that Im really invovled as I am neither black or white, I AM one of those "dangerous minorities" and think its funny as shiznit. :-D
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:47 pm

it is pretty funny hehe
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk