Quotes from Week 3. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Quotes from Week 3.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quotes from Week 3.

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:56 pm

PFW-Monday, Sept. 22, 2003

Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi on the snake-bitten Patriots, who lost DT Ted Washington and WR David Patten to injuries against the Jets and have already lost OLB Rosevelt Colvin for the season: “We don't ask, 'Why us?’ We deal with what is happening, no matter who's in there.”

Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil on WR-RS Dante Hall, who had a 73-yard punt return for a touchdown in his return to his hometown of Houston: “The guy that gave us the spark was Dante Hall. We are going to give the game ball to his mother. She cooked for him last night and we are going to bring her home with us.”

Buccaneers DT Warren Sapp on his celebratory touchdown dance that borrowed moves from Beyonce Knowles' “Crazy In Love” video: “ I didn't do it quite like she does. She's got more assets than me.”

Colts WR Reggie Wayne on the home crowd’s reaction to his 10-reception, 141-yard, two-TD day: “A couple guys said when they were saying `Reg-gie,' everybody looked around to see if Reggie Miller walked into the stadium. It feels great.”

Titans LB Keith Bulluck on a run defense that limited Saints RB Deuce McAllister to eight yards a week after surrendering 120 yards to Colts RB Edgerrin James: “We take pride stopping the run. Last week we had a bad game. Everybody decided to say we couldn't stop the run. That's what we do.”

Browns head coach Butch Davis on beating the 49ers 13-12, one of several dramatic last-second games the Browns have played in over the last two years: “That's Cleveland Browns football: Just wait until the last minute and 35 seconds of the game.”

Cardinals S Dexter Jackson on his game-ending interception of Packers QB Brett Favre: “(Favre) can make plays that normal people don't make because he's a great quarterback. He puts the ball in spots where a lot of people wouldn't dare take that chance. I was just reading his eyes, and he didn't have much room.”

Ravens RB Jamal Lewis on FB Alan Ricard, who scooped up Lewis’s fumble for a touchdown against the Chargers: “Luckily he had my back. I jumped up like the play was called for him and watched him run. I didn't know the big dude could run like that.”

Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper on a bruised back that forced him to leave the Lions game: “Do I look hurt? I thought I looked cool, like Fred Sanford.”

Giants DE Michael Strahan on the Giants’ 24-21 overtime victory over the Redskins following last week’s overtime loss to the Cowboys: “If we would've lost this game, my wife better keep her hand on 9-1-1 because I don't know what I was going to do with myself. ... It was hard to get over last week. The last thing we wanted to do was lose another game like that.”

Bills head coach Gregg Williams on RB Ricky Williams running for a Dolphins-record 42 carries for 153 yards: “He's the best back in the league. They controlled the line of scrimmage. They were more physical in the trenches.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Great

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:02 pm

Those are all great quotes, but where the heck did you get them? I mean, either you have way too much time on your hands, or you keep track of all the games very close.
But, they are all great. Especially the Donte Hall's mom one.[/quote]
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:07 pm

They are from Pro Football Weekly...I just bring them here.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:11 pm

what about the budweiser commercial with the football player being interviewed after the game:

reporter: so Leon what are your thoughts after todays devastating loss?

player: well since football is a team sport im gonna have to put this loss solely on the shoulders on my supporing cast, im tired of carrying this team, i need some help.

reporter: so in you mind, your 4 fumbles didnt have anything to do with the outcome of the game

player:not if one of those guys woulda jumped on the ball, again I cant do everything.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk