Jimmy Smith Arrested On Drug Charges, Again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith Arrested On Drug Charges, Again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Smith Arrested On Drug Charges, Again

Postby Free Bagel » Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5596554

Jaguars' WR Jimmy Smith to retire
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 16 minutes ago

Jimmy Smith, one of the most prolific receivers over the course of the past 10 seasons, has abruptly decided to retire from professional football.

FOXSports.com has learned that Smith, has informed Jacksonville Jaguars' head coach Jack Del Rio of his intention to call it quits after 12 seasons.

The team is expected to hold a press a press conference Thursday to announce the decision — unless Smith has an 11th-hour change of heart.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Thu May 11, 2006 7:27 am

Where would you draft Jimmy Smith in a dynasty league? ;-7
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby michaelavelli » Thu May 11, 2006 8:01 am

SSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhh!

Everyone go get Ernest Wilford!
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:02 am

Oh well...he was a very good player who had a consistent career. I know we had the Jimmy Smith/HOF argument before, so I won't go back to it. He and Lofton did have similar numbers though.

I thought he was good in fantasy...normally got 50-70 yards a game and maybe a TD every other game. Pretty solid for a #2 WR type guy.

The real question is...who steps up for the Jags now??? And who becomes Leftwich's go-to guy? :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby matttyl315 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:05 am

first off, can anyone back up this story of Jimmy calling it quits? I know he was thinking about it after the Jacksonville playoff loss, but then he changed his mind.

Also, should this be true, who's the #1, Reggie Williams or Ernest Wilford? I've got Reggie already, and the guy with Wilford has him on the trading block. What's Wilford worth (to a guy that doesn't yet know that Jimmy retired)?
matttyl315
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu May 11, 2006 8:25 am

matttyl315 wrote:first off, can anyone back up this story of Jimmy calling it quits? I know he was thinking about it after the Jacksonville playoff loss, but then he changed his mind.

Also, should this be true, who's the #1, Reggie Williams or Ernest Wilford? I've got Reggie already, and the guy with Wilford has him on the trading block. What's Wilford worth (to a guy that doesn't yet know that Jimmy retired)?

Wilford will be the #1... Reggie Williams probably remains in the #2 spot, but Matt Jones should see increased time on the field, as well... I wouldn't be surpised if Reggie is Lefty's #3 this year... The two of them really never developed any chemistry....

As far as Wilford's value goes, if the guy doesn't know that Jimmy retired, just about any #2 WR in the league should score Wilford for you.... Guys I would trade for Wilford include:

Ashley Lelie
Keyshawn Johnson
Marty Booker
Troy Brown
Justin McCareins
Jerry Porter
Brandon Lloyd
Eric Parker

I might trade a lesser RBBC back for him, as well... These guys would include:

TJ Duckett
Mewelde Moore
Frank Gore
Najeh Davenport
Duce Staley
Chris Perry
Marion Barber
Brandon Jacobs
Mike Alstott

I would certainly give up my bye week QB or TE for him, as well...
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu May 11, 2006 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu May 11, 2006 8:28 am

matttyl315 wrote:first off, can anyone back up this story of Jimmy calling it quits? I know he was thinking about it after the Jacksonville playoff loss, but then he changed his mind.

Reggie Williams is worthless. He was benched last year.

It will be Wilford and Jones next year. I like Wilford a little better.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BigBadBrawler » Thu May 11, 2006 8:30 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Wilford will be the #1... Reggie Williams probably remains in the #2 spot, but Matt Jones should see increased time on the field, as well... I wouldn't be surpised if Reggie is Lefty's #3 this year... The two of them really never developed any chemistry....

As far as Wilford's value goes, if the guy doesn't know that Jimmy retired, just about any #2 WR in the league should score Wilford for you.... Guys I would trade for Wilford include:

Ashley Lelie
Keyshawn Johnson
Marty Booker
Tim Brown
Justin McCareins
Jerry Porter
Brandon Lloyd
Eric Parker

I might trade a lesser RBBC back for him, as well... These guys would include:

TJ Duckett
Mewelde Moore
Frank Gore
Najeh Davenport
Duce Staley
Chris Perry
Marion Barber
Brandon Jacobs
Mike Alstott

I would certainly give up my bye week QB or TE for him, as well...

I was gonna post something similar but this looks good (I like the lists too). Definately jump on Wilford if the other owner doesn't know yet becuase Wilford is definately gonna be the #1 over Willimas/Jones (although I think all their numbers go up).
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby The Lung » Thu May 11, 2006 8:51 am

WTF? Why would Jimmy Smith wait until after the draft to retire? If I were brass in the Jaguars organization, I'd be pissed.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Flux » Thu May 11, 2006 8:59 am

Another failed drug test?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk