Jimmy Smith Arrested On Drug Charges, Again - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith Arrested On Drug Charges, Again

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu May 11, 2006 1:13 pm

ashley lelie is worthless. they would have to be crazy to try to get him and expect anything.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Thu May 11, 2006 1:17 pm

HAHA

And people were all over Farve, but at least the Packers KNEW he might retire. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu May 11, 2006 1:56 pm

mysticphysh wrote:HAHA

And people were all over Farve, but at least the Packers KNEW he might retire. :-b

In my PPR league last year... Jimmy had the same amount of FF points than Farve :-o

How sad is that?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:08 pm

Wilford Predictions: 1050/7
Matt Jones Predictions: 800/7
Reggie Williams Predictions: 300/1
Marcedes Lewis Predictions: 600/4
RB/other receiving (total): 500/1

Byron Leftwich: 3250/20 seems fair to me.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu May 11, 2006 2:28 pm

i think i'm just going to pass on the Jaguars WR corps this year...maybe take a shot at Jones as a #5 WR
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Heimholder » Thu May 11, 2006 3:04 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
The Lung wrote:WTF? Why would Jimmy Smith wait until after the draft to retire? If I were brass in the Jaguars organization, I'd be pissed.

Agreed. This is an unusally selfish act by a normally classy guy. It seemed he still had some go in the tank, so I didn't see this one coming. I wonder if the draft had some bearing on his choice? Could be he didn't think they improved enough for them to have a chance, and just couldn't see the point in pushing an older body one more year and risking injury for nothing. Regardless, I do think we will see much more of Matt Jones this year. Wilford may be the bigger recipient of the dividends, but Jones seemed to be catching on a bit last year, and should only improve this year.

From the espn.com story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2441034

Smith contemplated retirement during the offseason, but Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio asked him to take his time and be sure he was making the right choice.

Don't be too hasty to judge Jimmy. It looks like the Jags may have been well aware he was contemplating retirement, just didn't want to make a Favre-style circus out of it. Shoot, they may have even known he was done and asked him to wait until after the draft to mask their draft intentions. Not saying they even drafted any WR (too lazy to check), but why tip your hand early unnecessarily?
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Thu May 11, 2006 4:08 pm

I'm going to just be happy for the guy, he was a great receiver, a beacon of consistency for years and even with the adversity generally a good guy.

Thanks Jimmy. ;-D
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Thu May 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Who's to say he didn't inform the Jaguars before the draft of his intentions? Don't jump to conclusions....

Jimmy has been arguably the most consistent receiver of the past decade or so and deserves a lot of respect....

That being said....I think Wilford will be overvalued in a redraft and I'd prefer to wait on Matt Jones' potential than reach for EW....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu May 11, 2006 4:34 pm

jayday wrote:

Who's to say he didn't inform the Jaguars before the draft of his intentions? Don't jump to conclusions....

Jimmy has been arguably the most consistent receiver of the past decade or so and deserves a lot of respect....

That being said....I think Wilford will be overvalued in a redraft and I'd prefer to wait on Matt Jones' potential than reach for EW....

That was kind of my thinking. I think it's possible that the difference between the two is negligible, except for draft position. Jones may even be the better redzone target, so he might squeak out a few more than Ernie.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Slingblade » Thu May 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Wilford is looking real nice in one of my dynasty leagues. ;-D
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter