Donald Driver gets new deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donald Driver gets new deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 am

moochman wrote:
Popcynical wrote:Take that Walker! ;-D

Yeah! You go to a better team, with a better offense, and a real chance at playoff success and get paid more. That'll teach ya! :-b

I'm glad the Pack made Driver happy at least. They are going to need way too many things to go right for the Pack to compete this season.

lol.. I was being sarcastic..

And I think people are selling us short this season. We were "competitive" for the most part last season... we just happened to lose most of our games.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 12, 2006 1:55 am

Popcynical wrote:
moochman wrote:

Yeah! You go to a better team, with a better offense, and a real chance at playoff success and get paid more. That'll teach ya! :-b

I'm glad the Pack made Driver happy at least. They are going to need way too many things to go right for the Pack to compete this season.

And I think people are selling us short this season. We were "competitive" for the most part last season... we just happened to lose most of our games.

All that matters is the final score. ;-)

Anyways, this is still a kick to Walker's chops. And whether you're a cheesehead or a ViQueen, you have to admit Javon got the royal hose job in GB. But everyone is happy ... Javon got his contract, Driver got his contract, GB signed Driver to a SHORT contract ... good things all around.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby drmoses » Fri May 12, 2006 9:23 am

I like Driver.

I'll be looking his way in the draft next season.

He would be a beautiful compliment to my keeper receiver, Steve Smith and T.O.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 12, 2006 10:14 am

drmoses wrote:I like Driver.

if he stays healthy he could have a huge season...although it's basically the same team they had last year and i really dont remember how he did
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri May 12, 2006 10:28 am

LOL!!! That's funny because those were the exact words that I was going to post until I came across yours! Driver is a very good receiver for them though. I think he makes other guys better, because you can't leave him open for a second. He isn't going to be a homerun threat most of the time, but he will catch most everything and get the tough yards. Here's to hoping they can get someone else to step up for Favre though, or else this won't mean much to them at all.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri May 12, 2006 10:29 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
drmoses wrote:I like Driver.

if he stays healthy he could have a huge season...although it's basically the same team they had last year and i really dont remember how he did

GP- 16
Catches-86
Yards-1221
Avg. 14.2
TDs-5
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri May 12, 2006 11:14 am

Popcynical wrote:
moochman wrote:

Sorry I missed your sarcasm, I usually pick up on that better. I thought it was just some bitter cheeseheadedness, it that's a word.

Don't be fooled by the competitiveness of the Pack. The Lions were in a lot of thier games as well, it's the design of the NFL. Coaches tend to play games close to the vest, closer still when they have a lead. It gives teams that blow a chance at a lucky play or two to win a game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Fool42 » Sun May 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Driver has been very consistent while Walker has had 1 yes thats right 1 good year. Actually only 1 year that you could say was above average. The Pack basically said procve it wasn't a fluke ala many Bears receivers over the past few years then we'll talk. Just for the record he still hasn't proven it. He may very well this year but until then he is a 1 yr wonder coming off an injury.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Sun May 14, 2006 8:09 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Packers are hypocrites.

Why couldn't they do this with Walker?

Walker got double what Driver got, and Walker sure isn't twice as good as Driver.

Walker is getting potentially triple what Driver is getting. But I disagree, Javon Walker IS twice as good as Driver. Walker not only is(was) the better route runner, but his deep threat aspect is not even close to matched by Driver.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Mon May 15, 2006 10:00 am

Kensat30 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Packers are hypocrites.

Why couldn't they do this with Walker?

Walker got double what Driver got, and Walker sure isn't twice as good as Driver.

Walker is getting potentially triple what Driver is getting. But I disagree, Javon Walker IS twice as good as Driver. Walker not only is(was) the better route runner, but his deep threat aspect is not even close to matched by Driver.

I have a buddy who is a die hard Packer fan and he thought Walker was a top ten WR. Driver he felt was a good #2, but nowhere near the class of Walker. From what I've seen of both playing, I'd have to agree with he and you that Walker is a much more talented receiver.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk