Donald Driver gets new deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donald Driver gets new deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon May 15, 2006 3:11 pm

I think the signing was good. Driver may not be a superstar, but he is consistent, stays healthy, and catches most anything that gets thrown at him.

And, it was cheaper than walker. I was a big supporter of walker getting his money from GB last year, but after this year, saying he wouldnt play in GB, i didnt want him anymore. That attitude is what is wrong with the NFL. These guys should be happy that they are being paid to play football. Javon showed that he was more interested in the money than the game. While i think he is good, i dont want him on the packers anymore. Driver is good enough, and if someone else can step up, plus with a healthy backfield this year, they should be able to put together a decent season.

They lost half their games last year by 7 points or less, and they improved their defense alot this year, so that should help out. I think they may even have a shot at a wild card if everyone stays healthy. Heck, if the bears end up flopping, which i would love, the pack could take the division, with a 9-7 or 8-8 like record. I dont see detroit or minnesota getting more than 6 wins this year.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fool42 » Tue May 16, 2006 9:38 am

Signing Driver was a very smart move. Walker has the POTENTIAL to be a lot better than him but remember the Pack went to 2 SB's and won 1 of them with guys like Freeman, Brooks, and a past his prime Rison.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Tue May 16, 2006 10:18 am

Fool42 wrote:Signing Driver was a very smart move. Walker has the POTENTIAL to be a lot better than him but remember the Pack went to 2 SB's and won 1 of them with guys like Freeman, Brooks, and a past his prime Rison.

Walker already had a better season than Driver ever will. It is safe to say he is already better than him, potential or not.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue May 16, 2006 10:36 am

Fool42 wrote:Signing Driver was a very smart move. Walker has the POTENTIAL to be a lot better than him but remember the Pack went to 2 SB's and won 1 of them with guys like Freeman, Brooks, and a past his prime Rison.

Right, and now they will try to compete with Driver who is as good as Freeman, I suppose, and no other WRs of note. Plus a past his prime, well past his prime Favre.

Signing Driver wasn't a smart move, it was a neccessary one. The smart move would have been to keep a solid O-line and restructure Walker's deal.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:45 pm

moochman wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:
UNDEFEATED wrote:Packers are hypocrites.

Why couldn't they do this with Walker?

Walker got double what Driver got, and Walker sure isn't twice as good as Driver.

Walker is getting potentially triple what Driver is getting. But I disagree, Javon Walker IS twice as good as Driver. Walker not only is(was) the better route runner, but his deep threat aspect is not even close to matched by Driver.

I have a buddy who is a die hard Packer fan and he thought Walker was a top ten WR. Driver he felt was a good #2, but nowhere near the class of Walker. From what I've seen of both playing, I'd have to agree with he and you that Walker is a much more talented receiver.

Pre-ACL injury, I thought Walker was a more complete version of Chad Johnson. Anyone who says that Brett Favre made him good, hasn't really seen what this guy could do. Javon Walker made Favre good the past couple years.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Fool42 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:05 am

One year doesn't make him better and sacrificing the future of the team financially to keep 3 players certainly isn't smart.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk