just kinda thinking here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

just kinda thinking here

Moderator: Football Moderators

just kinda thinking here

Postby Guru13 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:34 am

now, we all know who our first, second round RBs are, you know up there with LT and LJ and SA, heh, but anyways, what about your guys that may not be drafted as high, but may also have some good fantasy value, just a list of some...sleepers i guess you could call em'

1. probably not the best back on this list, but could surprise some people, I think he will be forgotten by many people, i would love to have him in some later rounds...J. Addai, good back, on a great team that is known for having great RBs, could put up some huge numbers if he gets the starting job which is why he may not be picked up early.

2. Some people are gonna forget about him cause of reggie bush, but don't count out duece, if he can stay healthy, im hearing they are gonna use a 2 HB backfield, and duece will get the ball quite a bit...atleast so I hear.

3. Ahman Green, again, he needs to stay healthy, but with an improved defense, and slim to no receivers, he may get to stretch his legs a little bit for the first time in the last couple years, again, very risky, but possibly a late round guy, I know alot of guys that won't touch him.

Ill finish up later, I'm in first hour at school, getting ready to go to second...school sucks.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tpetty6320 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:39 am

enjoy school while it lasts.......................believe me
tpetty6320
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jimboozie » Fri May 12, 2006 8:44 am

>I don't think Addai is much of a sleeper. People know that he went to the high-powered Colts and are willing to take a gamble on him.

>I like the Ahman Green call. He has really fallen in a lot of drafts.

Add my own guy - Curtis Martin. Lot of owners will write him off cuz he's old and coming off a down year. But Martin is not the kind of guy that is just gonna go out quietly, he has a great work ethic and a future HOFer. With the offensive line help and more quarterback stability, C-Mart could be in for a big year.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 12, 2006 10:12 am

Addai will end up being over-hyped if anything

Duece...eh, he's shown propensity for injury, and there'll be a big push for Bush

Green=Washed Up

I like the Martin call too. he really doesnt have anyone pushing him

this really sounds like just another sleeper RB thread, but i like Cedric Cobbs in Denver, Maroney in New England (Dillon will go down) and Barber in Dallas
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

i like these RB's in redraft.

Postby skinsrule » Fri May 12, 2006 10:22 am

Portis, S-Jax, James, Lamont, McGahee, Cadillac, Dom Davis, Westy, Jamel Lewis, Kevin Jones , Reuben, Corey Dillion, J. Jones, Reggie Bush, Chester Taylor, C. Benson , Foster, Dayne/Bell, Parker, A. Green, J. Addai, F. Gore, C. Martin, C. Perry, D. Williams, Marion barber, L. Maroney, Greg Jones, Tj Duckett, Najah Davenport.
skinsrule
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: i like these RB's in redraft.

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 am

skinsrule wrote:Portis, S-Jax, James, Lamont, McGahee, Cadillac, Dom Davis, Westy, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones , Reuben, Corey Dillon, J. Jones, Reggie Bush, Chester Taylor, C. Benson , Foster, Dayne/Bell, Parker, A. Green, J. Addai, F. Gore, C. Martin, C. Perry, D. Williams, Marion Barber, L. Maroney, Greg Jones, TJ Duckett, Najeh Davenport.

Not sure what this list represents... :-? The bolded guys are 1st-2nd rounders without a doubt, and a couple more than might be considered 2nd round guys.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Re: i like these RB's in redraft.

Postby Jimboozie » Fri May 12, 2006 11:30 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
skinsrule wrote:Portis, S-Jax, James, Lamont, McGahee, Cadillac, Dom Davis, Westy, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones , Reuben, Corey Dillon, J. Jones, Reggie Bush, Chester Taylor, C. Benson , Foster, Dayne/Bell, Parker, A. Green, J. Addai, F. Gore, C. Martin, C. Perry, D. Williams, Marion Barber, L. Maroney, Greg Jones, TJ Duckett, Najeh Davenport.

Not sure what this list represents... :-? The bolded guys are 1st-2nd rounders without a doubt, and a couple more than might be considered 2nd round guys.

If those guys are sleepers, I BADLY want to join that league!! :-L
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri May 12, 2006 4:42 pm

I got Ahman in the 5th of a 12 team league and I like the way my team looks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boojumsnark25 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:00 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I got Ahman in the 5th of a 12 team league and I like the way my team looks.

I snatched him in the 8th in my league, i was ecstatic
boojumsnark25
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri May 12, 2006 6:34 pm

I still think Kevin Jones can put it all together and I've seen him drop to fringe top 20-25 status. I realize the risk involved, but I do think if he's healthy, he can repeat the kind of numbers he was putting up in the second half of his rookie year.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk