just kinda thinking here - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

just kinda thinking here

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chaindog35 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:37 pm

samkon gado. He'll be undervalued because green is back and once green goes down (if green still has the job when he makes it back to full strength), I think gado will come on strong in the new zone blocking scheme. I watched him alot last year and he is a very patient runner. The one cut system seems like a great fit for him.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Fri May 12, 2006 6:52 pm

chaindog35 wrote:samkon gado. He'll be undervalued because green is back and once green goes down (if green still has the job when he makes it back to full strength), I think gado will come on strong in the new zone blocking scheme. I watched him alot last year and he is a very patient runner. The one cut system seems like a great fit for him.

Najeh Davenport, dude. If Green goes down, it's probably RBBC.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri May 12, 2006 6:57 pm

chaindog35 wrote:samkon gado. He'll be undervalued because green is back and once green goes down (if green still has the job when he makes it back to full strength), I think gado will come on strong in the new zone blocking scheme. I watched him alot last year and he is a very patient runner. The one cut system seems like a great fit for him.

I think Gado's chances are far greater than Najeh's. Gado showed a lot in extended time and that's going to count for a lot more than the minimal times we've seen Davenport tote the ball.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chaindog35 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:44 pm

Even if it starts RBBC with Davenport and Gado, Davenport will get hurt at some point, he always does. He's like DeShaun Foster in terms of injuries. Heck, there's a better chance that Green stays healthy and does well than there is that Davenport stays healthy if he's getting the ball.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Gado has the inside track for primary backup I'd say. Both Najeh and Ahman are only supposed to be back by training camp at the earliest. Gado is getting all the experience behind the zone blocking scheme and practicing with the first team at minicamps. Greens injury is nasty, but since they resigned him there must be a little room for optimism. The same goes for Najeh. That said, Gado is either gaining on them, or extending his lead.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Sun May 14, 2006 7:47 pm

the rest of the list, sorry its takin' so long.

4.Andre Johnson-sort of a sleeper, after last year, i think no one will touch him, but id love to have him in some of the later rounds, especially if he can stay healthy.

5.Kurt Warner-this is my last one, and thats why it is a longshot, he's got the receivers, and now he has a RB to distract the defense on a fake, they are saying leinart won't play, so hey why not?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Sun May 14, 2006 7:58 pm

I wouldn't count on waiting on Andre Johnson past the late 4th or 5th.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon May 15, 2006 12:04 pm

I'm a fan of whoever looks like they're going to lose the job to Tatum Bell. It's pretty obvious if you listen to Shanahan talk he's never going to give the guy the full load but every year people draft him high thinking otherwise.

After he's drafted I see people lay off Denver entirely. This year the steal is going to be Dayne and depending on how many teams/flex spots you have he can be taken pretty late.

Of course I'm not putting much stock into him actually producing but the value is there at anything round 5+ IMO.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BadgerBengal » Mon May 15, 2006 2:45 pm

I like Calhoun for the Lions. He is going to be used as a third down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield.
Thanks to WickedSmaat for the Grrreat sig
BadgerBengal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon May 15, 2006 2:46 pm

BadgerBengal wrote:I like Calhoun for the Lions. He is going to be used as a third down back who can catch the ball out of the backfield.

i agree. and if jones gets hurt or cant stop sucking, look out.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk