Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chester Taylor

Postby bagobonez » Fri May 12, 2006 6:20 pm

Is he expected to start for the Vikes? If so, how can we expect Mewelde Moore and the other RB's to figure in?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 12, 2006 6:23 pm

He's the starter as of now. Don't think Moore will factor in too much.. maybe as a receiving back, but this wont hurt Taylor's carries too much.

Rotoworld wrote:Coach Brad Childress said Chester Taylor could touch the ball "20-30" times a game for Minnesota.
Dynasty league owners should be pinching themselves while Taylor climbs into a primary running back role in a West Coast offense. We are a long way from August, but it's hard to imagine Taylor slipping out of the top three rounds of fantasy drafts.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri May 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Whoever runs behind that revamped blocking scheme should do fairly well (except those two weeks a year against Chicago). Moore is the only threat, but I really only see him spelling Taylor. Taylor has better record of catching the ball too, so he shouldn't hurt too much in PPR leagues. I like Taylor as a 3rd round RB alot.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moonhead » Fri May 12, 2006 6:56 pm

yeah it's tough to get too excited over taylor. that offense is going to be terrible.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Steve_L » Fri May 12, 2006 7:31 pm

moonhead wrote:yeah it's tough to get too excited over taylor. that offense is going to be terrible.

Not sure what you are talking about...The only starter they lost on offense is Burleson who hardly played last year and they were a decent offense last year. Plus they added one of the best gaurds in the league, and a solid RB, to say the offense is going to be terrible is a bit stupid if you ask me. Regardless, I think Chester could have a solid year, nothing too spectacular though.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moonhead » Fri May 12, 2006 7:39 pm

Steve_L wrote:
moonhead wrote:yeah it's tough to get too excited over taylor. that offense is going to be terrible.

Not sure what you are talking about...The only starter they lost on offense is Burleson who hardly played last year and they were a decent offense last year. Plus they added one of the best gaurds in the league, and a solid RB, to say the offense is going to be terrible is a bit stupid if you ask me. Regardless, I think Chester could have a solid year, nothing too spectacular though.

marcus robinson, travis taylor, brad johnson. that's a freaking juggernaut. come on. it's tough to have much of a run game when your passing game is that anemic.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Fri May 12, 2006 9:35 pm

Steve_L wrote:

they lost culpepper too.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri May 12, 2006 10:00 pm

It doesn't matter what the passing game is like.

The Vikings have a rediculous O-Line and a very good FB. I'm going to be persuing Taylor very strongly before the season starts. The guy could be a complete stud simply because of how good his offensive line is. (See Shaun Alexander) Brad Johnson will provide enough of a passing game to at least make guys regret stacking the box with safetys and linebackers too much. I think Chester Taylor will have an extremely good year barring any injuries. I mean, if he's getting the rock 20-30 times a game, he will get at least 100 yards and a TD a game assuming Moore doesn't snipe goal-line carries.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Popcynical » Fri May 12, 2006 10:03 pm

Moore has never been known for TDs... so I don't think he'll be taking any of Taylor's TDs away.

I don't see Taylor getting 1600 yards and 16 touchdowns, though. Call me crazy.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Fri May 12, 2006 10:21 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:It doesn't matter what the passing game is like.

The Vikings have a rediculous O-Line and a very good FB. I'm going to be persuing Taylor very strongly before the season starts. The guy could be a complete stud simply because of how good his offensive line is. (See Shaun Alexander) Brad Johnson will provide enough of a passing game to at least make guys regret stacking the box with safetys and linebackers too much. I think Chester Taylor will have an extremely good year barring any injuries. I mean, if he's getting the rock 20-30 times a game, he will get at least 100 yards and a TD a game assuming Moore doesn't snipe goal-line carries.

fine. just don't take him as your #2. that's all i'm saying.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk