Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ripcord » Sat May 13, 2006 7:44 am

2 words TONY RICHARDSON. As a Chiefs fan this automatically moves Taylor into the late second round for me. Tony is the best Full-Back out there and Taylor will get atleast 1300 and 10 td's
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby olympia0731 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:01 am

OK....

I have done aton of reaserch on Taylor and he is gonna lose soem td carries, but to FASON.

In Ppr leagues IMO he will make a nice 2nd rb because of his 55+ catches. In non PPR he makes a very good third back IMO.

Just my .02 cents
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat May 13, 2006 9:10 am

Ripcord wrote:2 words TONY RICHARDSON. As a Chiefs fan this automatically moves Taylor into the late second round for me. Tony is the best Full-Back out there and Taylor will get atleast 1300 and 10 td's

2 more words LORENZO NEAL. Better than Richardson. But I digress. Taylor is going to be the ultimate make or break player this year. If you draft him and he does what we expect him to do, you look like a genius, but if he busts everyone will be all over you saying "I told you so!". I then will take the middle road and predict around 1050 rushing and another 300 receiving, with about 7 TDs, and consider him a third back, or a second on a very strong team, and draft him accordingly.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby maddog60 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:00 am

Ripcord wrote:2 words TONY RICHARDSON. As a Chiefs fan this automatically moves Taylor into the late second round for me. Tony is the best Full-Back out there and Taylor will get atleast 1300 and 10 td's

Richardson is one of the best blocking FBs in the game, but Neal and Strong are arguably better.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Sat May 13, 2006 1:54 pm

No one mentioned K-Rob, who, God forbid, will probably out-talent all the other receivers to become the No. 1 and maybe show some semblence of what we thought he would be. Johnson threw 12 TDs last year in 9 starts (really not bad) with the same crew he's got this year. They aren't going to be Indy throwing the ball but they aren't going to be horrible. Plus you add in a top 3 FB and top 2 left guard to the line and subtract moron Tice and they are going to be better. I expect to see lots of running to the left like we did in Seattle. I think Taylor will do very well there.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Sat May 13, 2006 2:11 pm

It's going to be almost as easy to run behind the Vikings left-side as it was to run behind last year's Seahawks left side.

McKinnie, Hutchinson, Birk and Richardson leading the way. They will move people.

Chester Taylor will have a very big year if he gets touches.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat May 13, 2006 4:39 pm

olympia0731 wrote:
Just my .02 cents

Shouldn't that be 2 cents or $ .02 ? Sorry, pet peeve. :-b

Anyways, I am pinching myself after I handcuffed Jamal last year. So awesome. I'm not expecting huge things out of him, but any starting RB in a deep dynasty league is a good thing.

1200, 7 TDs isn't out of the question.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ace08 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:10 pm

Easy on the rookie....I've been coming to this site for a while but this is my first actual post.

I had to jump in on this one. Last year I targeted Lamont Jordan in all my drafts and was able to get him in the 3rd round....I had no doubt he'd do well and I was quite happy with the results.

I've been thinking all offseason that C Taylor reminds me sooo much of Lamont Jordan last year. And apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way cause I've heard a couple of other use the same comparison here...

I just wanted to chime in on Fason. I'm not sure if we have any Gators fans here...but I'm from Miami and due to the fact alot of my friends went to UF I do end up watching alot of UF football every year (unfortunately). This kid Fason is nothing special. He runs upright as heck and doesn't have great vision between the tackles. I don't see how he could be a threat to C Taylor. In addition I was reading someones post on this thread that Fason would be the goal line back......have any of you compared their measurables??? Fason isn't much bigger at all (if at all).

It's funny...I remember last year everyone said I was nuts for taking Jordan cause the Raiders had the infamous goalline stud......Zack Crockett....well we all saw how that turned out. C Taylor is going to be an absolute stud this year. He's the perfect guy to take as your RB2 in the third round if you decide to go RB-WR with your first 2 picks. If you go RB-RB...then I can see why you'd go another direction since there will be more proven players still available.

But if you're like me and like to couple your stud first round RB with a nice studly Wideout......C Taylor is the perfect guy to target in the 3rd. Mark my words....he'll be top 10 very similar to Jordan and may push top 5. That Vikings offensive line is going to be sick.
Ace08
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby olympia0731 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
olympia0731 wrote:
Just my .02 cents

Shouldn't that be 2 cents or $ .02 ? Sorry, pet peeve. :-b

Anyways, I am pinching myself after I handcuffed Jamal last year. So awesome. I'm not expecting huge things out of him, but any starting RB in a deep dynasty league is a good thing.

1200, 7 TDs isn't out of the question.

I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree. 7 td's rushing is out of the question. Fason is more of a factor than you guy's think. I thik 7 td's total is what he will get. Along with 1600 total yards, and 60 catches. I would take him mid-late third in a PPR league.

My .0000000002 cents :-b
olympia0731
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thatohiosportsfan » Mon May 15, 2006 4:39 pm

moonhead wrote:yeah it's tough to get too excited over taylor. that offense is going to be terrible.

lest we forget the heir apparent to Brad Johnson...Jay "best ever" Cutler

Andra Davis...5th in the league in tackles and doesn't make the pro bowl over....Al Wilson???!!!!
...absurd
thatohiosportsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk