Chester Taylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby onnestabe » Mon May 15, 2006 4:42 pm

thatohiosportsfan wrote:
moonhead wrote:yeah it's tough to get too excited over taylor. that offense is going to be terrible.

lest we forget the heir apparent to Brad Johnson...Jay "best ever" Cutler

Denver drafted Cutler...I think the backup to Brad Johnson is Koren Robinson ;-7
Last edited by onnestabe on Tue May 16, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gablefan » Tue May 16, 2006 12:16 pm

I think Childress is trying to "build" a minny(cheesy pun intented) , philly offense up there when they drafted Tarvaris Jackson. I think A good receiving back and a mobile strong-armed QB is what Childress is gunning towards. Maybe it will work maybe not. But that is what I see. So maybe Taylor will lose goaline work, but in ppr leagues I don't see it affecting him too much. He should still be getting 3-5 rec a game.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue May 16, 2006 2:11 pm

olympia0731 wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
olympia0731 wrote:
Just my .02 cents

Shouldn't that be 2 cents or $ .02 ? Sorry, pet peeve. :-b

Anyways, I am pinching myself after I handcuffed Jamal last year. So awesome. I'm not expecting huge things out of him, but any starting RB in a deep dynasty league is a good thing.

1200, 7 TDs isn't out of the question.

I am sorry, but I respectfully disagree. 7 td's rushing is out of the question. Fason is more of a factor than you guy's think. I thik 7 td's total is what he will get. Along with 1600 total yards, and 60 catches. I would take him mid-late third in a PPR league.

My 2 cents :-b

Fixed it. :-b

Anyways, not all TD carries come from within 5 yards. Not to mention, I bet he could scavenge up some receiving TDs from screens and whatnot (and considering BJ is at the helm, they'll throw plenty).

So ... let's say 4 TD carries from beyond 5 yards, an odd 2 carries from within 5 yards, and 2 or so TD receptions.

That's 8, actually, and I think it's very possible.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue May 16, 2006 3:12 pm

Ace08 wrote:Easy on the rookie....I've been coming to this site for a while but this is my first actual post.

I had to jump in on this one. Last year I targeted Lamont Jordan in all my drafts and was able to get him in the 3rd round....I had no doubt he'd do well and I was quite happy with the results.

I've been thinking all offseason that C Taylor reminds me sooo much of Lamont Jordan last year. And apparently I'm not the only one that feels that way cause I've heard a couple of other use the same comparison here...

I just wanted to chime in on Fason. I'm not sure if we have any Gators fans here...but I'm from Miami and due to the fact alot of my friends went to UF I do end up watching alot of UF football every year (unfortunately). This kid Fason is nothing special. He runs upright as heck and doesn't have great vision between the tackles. I don't see how he could be a threat to C Taylor. In addition I was reading someones post on this thread that Fason would be the goal line back......have any of you compared their measurables??? Fason isn't much bigger at all (if at all).

It's funny...I remember last year everyone said I was nuts for taking Jordan cause the Raiders had the infamous goalline stud......Zack Crockett....well we all saw how that turned out. C Taylor is going to be an absolute stud this year. He's the perfect guy to take as your RB2 in the third round if you decide to go RB-WR with your first 2 picks. If you go RB-RB...then I can see why you'd go another direction since there will be more proven players still available.

But if you're like me and like to couple your stud first round RB with a nice studly Wideout......C Taylor is the perfect guy to target in the 3rd. Mark my words....he'll be top 10 very similar to Jordan and may push top 5. That Vikings offensive line is going to be sick.

Im with you ACE. I had lamont pegged too. Not becuz i am a raider homer. Maybe a little.

But that Zack Crockett thing was terrible. I couldn't believe that people really thought he was gonna steal carries. Search my post about it...i was telling everybody.

I drafted LJordan early in the second round of two cafe leagues. I took a little bit of heat for it. Telling me i should have traded out of my position to get him later. Oh well...it worked out for me great. Now i just hope LJ doesn't miss Norv Turner too much.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby gablefan » Tue May 16, 2006 3:52 pm

Me too, but surely Shell sees too much talent there not to use him enough, right?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk